Hello friends and fellow book lovers, I hope all is well!
Today I thought I’d talk about some of the backlist books I want to read in 2020. These are books that were published prior to 2020 (and mostly 2019) that I want to prioritize this year. I don’t like making myself a specific TBR because I’m such a mood reader, but I do like having some sort of guideline.
Most of these books are books I already own, and a combination of books from my top TBR list and my read soon or remove list. As you will see from my post later this week talking about my reading goals for this year, half of these are by Canadian authors, half of which are Indigenous authors. So these are the ten backlist books I want to read in 2020.
- (📚) = owned prior to 2020
- (🇨🇦) = Canadian author
- Sabrina by Nick Drnaso (📚)
- The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill (📚, 🇨🇦)
- Self Portrait with Boy by Rachel Lyon (📚)
- Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice (📚, 🇨🇦)
- The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline (📚, 🇨🇦)
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (📚, 🇨🇦)
- The Midnight Dance by Nikki Katz
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier (📚)
- Who Will Run the Frog Hospital? by Lorrie Moore
- Heart Berries by Terese Marie Mailhot (📚, 🇨🇦)
So those are the ten books I want to read this year! Have you read any of these? What were your thoughts? Which should I prioritize? Any buddy reads? 👀 Let me know!