Happy Friday, everyone!
On Goodreads, I like to keep a “Top TBR” shelf, which are the books on my TBR I want to read soon. It’s partially books that have been on my TBR for ages and I need to read soon, hyped books I want to get to, books I’ve been trying to read but keep forgetting about, and the books I own and want to read soon. I’ve talk about this shelf before, which you can read here! But today I thought I’d go through my updated shelf, because I did some reorganizing recently. A (*) indicates it’s on my 2019 TBR as well.
- Night by Elie Wiesel: I bought this at a consignment shop about a year(ish) ago now, and I really want to read it soon.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith: I got this one for Christmas this year after someone said it was similar to the Glass Castle, which is one of my favourites.
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier: everyone but me has read this book, so I asked for it for Christmas and am just waiting to read it.
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami (*): this book cover is one of my all-time favourites, so I had to have a physical copy. It’s also a gorgeous book and there are a lot of little details that make it so gorgeous. I’m currently reading this book and slowly making my way through all 1157 pages.
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (*): my mom read this a couple of years ago and loved it, and has been trying to get me to read it ever since. I keep meaning to read it, but never do. Hopefully this year!
- The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill (*): I’ve been meaning to read this book for about three years now and just haven’t gotten to it. But hopefully soon.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor: this was another book I got for Christmas. I’m hoping to read it soon because I loved Strange the Dreamer and want to get back into the story!
Books that have been on my TBR for too long: both of these have been on my TBR since 2012, so I’m hoping to read them soon!
- Columbine by Dave Cullen (*)
- The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbøl
Hyped books I want to own: these are books that are fairly hyped or well-loved that I would like to have a physical copy of. They’re mainly here so I can remember to ask for them for Christmas later this year.
- The Water Cure by Sophie Mackintosh
- Self-Portrait with Boy by Rachel Lyon
Books that are here so I remember to read them: we all know the struggle: you add a book to your TBR and forget about it for forever, all while adding similar books to your TBR. These books are mainly here so I remember that I want to read them.
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Who Will Run the Frog Hospital? by Lorrie Moore
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
- The Book of Essie by Meghan MacLean Weir
Mood reads: sometimes I want to read a specific type of book, usually something easy to read. These are here so that when I’m in those moods, I can easily find these books and read them.
- Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah
- Keep Sweet by Michele Domínguez Green
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
So those are the books on my top TBR shelf! Have you read any of these? Which should I read first? Do you have a top TBR shelf? What books are on it? Let me know!!