Happy Saturday, everyone! Today is the first official instalment of my new Goodreads Bookshelf series! Inspired by Bella @ All Things Annabelle, every other week, I’ll be going through the different shelves I have on Goodreads, explaining what they mean, and some of the books on there. Today I’m going over my read soon or remove shelf!
I actually did a whole post about this shelf when I made it, so you can go read about that here if you’re interested! Essentially, this shelf is to highlight books that I’m not all that interested in reading but not un-interested enough to delete, if that makes sense. Like, books I don’t want to read right now but I think I might want to maybe at some point.
(1) Books that have been on my TBR for more than 3 years are automatically added to this shelf: I’ve been a little lax about this lately for books I know nothing about or are in a genre I don’t enjoy anymore, so there are some books I added in 2017 that are currently on the shelf.
- Classics, books by my favourite authors, and books I know I want to read are exempt.
(2) Books on this shelf must be reconsidered within two years of being added to the shelf: this doesn’t mean I have to read the books within two years of being added to the shelf, but I have to reconsider whether I’m interested in reading them and am likely to get to them.
(3) Books then have another two years to be read and then must be removed: i.e. if I decide to keep them, I have to read them within two years. So no books on my TBR for longer than 7 years, and no books on this shelf for longer than 4 years.
(4) Every year, I’ll choose five books to read: if I don’t read them, I can save one. The rest have to go.
A (*) indicates I want to read it this year
- The Midnight Dance by Nikki Katz
- Show Stopper by Hayley Barker
- The Hanging Girl by Eileen Cook
- Don’t Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tuckolke
- Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young
- (*) Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh (on hold at the library)
- The Gallery of Unfinished Girls by Lauren Karcz
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Sweet Little Lies by Caz Frear
- Artistotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- (*) The Uninvited by Liz Jensen (borrowed from the library)
- Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Adam Douglas
- Girl, Sttolen by April Henry
- Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
- (*) The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (on hold at the library)
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Books I’ve read so far
- Slide by Jill Hathaway: 3 stars
Books I’ve removed
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle (DNFed): I just did not care about anything happening in this book. It was so slow, so boring, I disliked all of the characters. That being said, I do understand why some people enjoy it and I think I would have loved it if I read it when I was a kid.
- Wasted: Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Marya Hornbacher: I’m just definitely not interested in this anymore.
- The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan (DNFed): I tried reading this, but it’s in verse and I find books in verse unreadable. It was the fastest DNF ever.
So those are the books that I want to read soon or remove! Have you read any of these? Which should I try first? Do you have a similar shelf on your Goodreads? Let me know!
Thanks for reading! xx