Happy May, everyone! April seemed to fly by in a second, and I have a feeling May will be the same.
- The Memory Police by Yōko Ogawa, translated by Stephen Snyder: 4.5 stars
- The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel: 5 stars
Overall, an amazing month in terms of quality. Both of these books blew me away, and I haven’t stopped thinking about or recommending both of them.
- I’ve been reading Looker by Laura Sims recently, and enjoying it enough. It’ll probably be a solid 3 stars.
- Some books I want to read in the next few months are Descendant of the Crane by Joan He, Beautiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, and Disappearing Earth by Julia Phillips
- Survivor 42: we’ve been watching this season a bit later than it comes out, but I’ve been enjoying it so far!
- Survivor: Guatemala: we finished this season, and it’s a solid fine for me. I enjoyed a lot of the players, but it didn’t have a ton of memorable moments in the end.
- The Ultimatum: idk if anyone else watched this terrible Netflix show, but it was terrible. The worst show I’ve ever watched. Did I watch the entire season, though? Yes.
- Drag Race UK, season 3: I really enjoyed this season! I liked a lot of the queens and thought it was an entertaining season overall.
Other bookish posts
Considering my blogging hiatus as of late, I’m happy to have posted those two reviews! I also have two posts scheduled as of right now, so be excited for those!
Other news and highlights
- Well everyone, it finally happened: my boyfriend and I got covid. We have no idea where we got it; neither of us go anywhere except work, the grocery store, and our parents’ houses, and we all wear masks everywhere. Our best guess is one of my boyfriend’s students had covid, but we’re not sure. We got sick over Easter weekend, which was kind of shitty timing. Luckily, it wasn’t terrible. We both had two or three really bad days, and then just coughs/runny nose for a few days. We’re all recovered and better now! Just some residual coughing.
- Because we got covid at slightly different times, we ended up needing to isolate for two full weeks. So we really did not much else in April. We did a virtual game night with my family, and other than that, I watched Drag Race, the Ultimatum, and did a puzzle. And that was our April!
How was your April? What’s been your favourite book lately? Let me know!
Thanks for reading! xx
Twitter // Instagram // Goodreads // Buy me a coffee!
3 thoughts on “April wrap-up!”
I’m glad you’ve both recovered now! I hope you continue to be well.
The Memory Police is a story I’m looking forward to reading. Hopefully I’ll get to it soon. I’m happy to see that you rated it so highly.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Memory Police is amazing, I hope you enjoy it!
I’ve heard such great things about it!
LikeLiked by 1 person