Happy end of December, friends! I hope you had a safe and wonderful winter break!
- She’s Too Pretty to Burn by Wendy Heard: 4.5 stars
- Birthday by Meredith Russo: 2 stars
- Watch Over Me by Nina LaCour: 4 stars
- Dava Shastri’s Last Day by Kirthana Ramisetti: 4 stars
Overall, a great reading month! I’ve had two great reading months in a row and am hoping I can keep it up!
- As of writing this post, I haven’t started anything! I’m thinking about making a 2022 backlist TBR like I usually do, so it’ll probably (hopefully) be something off of that.
- Survivor: Marquesas: we finished this season this month, and it was very fine. There was some good gameplay and some contestants I enjoyed, but I ultimately felt very meh about this season.
- Survivor: Thailand: we watched it. That’s all I have to say about it.
- Survivor 41: I was super happy with the winner of the most recent season! I have a lot of thoughts about the season overall — I loved the cast, I thought a lot of the twists were interesting but messy or executed poorly, even though the gameplay had a lot of potential, it ended up being fairly messy — but honestly, I was entertained most episodes so I take it as a win. The winner was very deserving so I was happy overall.
- The Bachelorette: the season ended exactly how I thought it would end, but I definitely enjoyed watching it. I will unfortunately be watching Clayton’s season.
- Age of Adaline: I really enjoyed this movie! It’s not high cinema or anything, but I found it entertaining and fun. I don’t think Blake Lively is a good actress, and you could definitely see that in this movie, but I enjoyed the plot so.
- None this month! Sorry! I didn’t have enough thoughts/time to write my thoughts.
Other bookish posts
Other news and highlights
- December was super busy but also super relaxing!
- At work, my coworker and I got one of our client’s charges withdrawn, and she was so grateful, so that was a big win.
- I also did my first Landlord and Tenant Board hearing, and it was also a success.
- I did a white elephant with some of my friends, and it was so successful, no one stole a present and we were all genuinely happy with our presents.
- My work had our Christmas party, and it was a lot of fun! It was still fairly small and covid safe, and it was great to see people and catch up and kind of chill a bit.
- We also did a gift exchange at work, and I got a beautiful print by a local artist.
- And then my brother got covid, and we saw him the day after he was infected, so my partner and I decided to cancel all of our holiday plans out of an abundance of caution. We tested negative, but we wanted to be safe (and tbh it kind of scared me) so we ended up just doing some Christmas shopping and hanging out for a long weekend, which was honestly nice and relaxing.
- My brother was out of isolation for Christmas day, so that was good! We got to spend Christmas day together like usual, and we’ll still be able to see each other for New Year’s Eve.
- And that was my month!
How was your December? What have you read this month? Have you watched anything recently? Let me know!