Happy (almost) December, friends! I hope your November was great! Mine was super busy with work and the bar course, but I did manage to do some reading! I only posted one blog post, but it was honestly a nice break. We’re coming up to my favourite time of the year, yearly wrap-up posts! So expect a few more posts throughout December and January.
- Check, Please! Volume 2: Sticks and Scones by Ngozi Ukazu: 5 stars
- A History of my Brief Body by Billy Ray Belcourt: 4.5 stars
- The Water Cure by Sophie Mackintosh: 4 stars
- She Drives Me Crazy by Kelly Quindlen: 4.5 stars
This is the most I’ve read in months and I’m so happy about it! I inhaled The Water Cure and She Drives Me Crazy, and I have a couple other exciting books I plan on reading soon, so yay!
- Red Comet by Heather Clark: I am much more considering DNFing this now that it’s been about a month since I listened to it. I think I’m going to pull the trigger and officially put it down.
- I don’t want to list any specific books in case I jinx myself lol but just know I’m excited and happy that I’m excited
- Survivor: Africa: I really enjoyed this season! It was super entertaining and I really enjoyed it. I was happy with the winner and honestly surprised by the top two.
- Survivor: Marquesas: we’re about 2/3 done this season, and I’m really enjoying it! Surprised at how early Boston Rob gets voted out 😦 but enjoyed him while he lasted. I’m not sure who wins this season, which is exciting.
- Squid Game: I finished Squid Game earlier this month, and thought it was good! I thought the ending was a little rushed and there were some loose ends. I have a ton of questions still. I also just wanted Gi-Hun to be a good father 😦 but overall, definitely enjoyed it and recommend.
- The Bachelorette: this season has been super entertaining IMO. Very funny, very stupid. I’m happy with the top four and I’m excited to see how it ends!
Other bookish posts
None! I took a bit of a blogging break, and I think I’ve decided how I want to blog going forward: essentially, just writing posts when I feel like it. I felt like I was forcing posts again, so now I’m just going to be more chill, write when I want to write, and go from there!
Other news and highlights
- November was insanely busy with work and it went by in a flash.
- The biggest news is that I ran my first ever trial! I got to cross-examine a police officer, which was fun. And then the complainant admitted in his testimony that he spat on our client, so the charges were withdrawn! Overall, it was a great experience and I was so happy with how it went.
- I had a girls night with my sister and her best friend, which was a lot of fun! We did a face mask and watched a couple episodes of Shadow and Bone, and it was very relaxing and a great time overall.
- Some of my friends and I went out to celebrate our friend’s birthday! These friends are coworkers turned bffs, and I hadn’t seen so many of them in weeks, so it was so great to catch up. We went to dinner and then got dessert, and overall just had a great time. It’s been so long since I did anything with friends, and it was nice to have some normalcy lol
- I had quite a few long days at work, but work has been good! It’s been a good busy.
- I’m really excited for the holidays! I love decorating and shopping and celebrating and all that. This month, we have my work Christmas party, my friends and I are doing a white elephant, my boyfriend’s friends are doing a get-together, we have a couple of other work festivities! Basically, I’m excited.
How was your November? What have you read this month? Have you watched anything recently? Let me know!