Hi gals and pals, I hope all is well with you! Today is the last day of November and thus my November wrap-up.
I also just wanted to say that I’ll be doing a mini-hiatus in December. School has just been a bit overwhelming lately and I haven’t been enjoying blogging as much because of it, so I’m taking a bit of a break until after Christmas. I still have some posts scheduled so I won’t be totally gone, but definitely much fewer than usual. Thanks for understanding!
- Postcards from the Edge by Carrie Fisher: 4 stars
- The Downstairs Girl by Stacy Lee: 3.5 stars
Only two audiobooks this month! I listened to Postcards all in one day and loved it so much. I’ve also started reading The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (but I think my hold is almost up so I’ll have to return it soon) and the audiobook for Not That Bad by Roxanne Gay, which is brilliant so far.
Other bookish posts
Some musings on superiority in the online book community and the Goodreads Choice awards // Authors I need to read // Novellas on my TBR // Non-fiction books on my TBR // Books I need to read before the end of 2019
Goodreads Bookshelf Tour series
I bought a bunch of books to give as Christmas gifts but because my mom reads my blog (hi, mommy!) I won’t tell you what they are.
Other news and highlights
- I don’t even remember what I did this month, to be honest.
- I did a negotiation competition at my school. My partner didn’t show up for the morning, so I had to unexpectedly go alone. It ended up working out alright in the end, though.
- My friends and I went to go watch at the Supreme Court of Canada!!! It was really cool in a very nerdy way, would recommend.
- I went to a feminist craft fair with my boyfriend, which was a lot of fun! I bought a couple cute cross-stitches and a zine and some artwork.
- The same day, we went out for lunch, which was nice because we hadn’t been on a date for a while.
- My boyfriend and I went to go see Joker, which was not as bad as everyone was saying it was going to be but also wasn’t as good as all the dudebros said it was.
- Managed to single-handedly get rid of our fruit fly problem.
- My friends and I had a movie night and talked about a lot of drama I didn’t know about, so that was good.
- My friends and I also had a chill night in and ordered food and had some drinks and caught up, which was so great. I hadn’t seen a lot of them in a while, so it was nice to catch up.
- My boyfriend’s jazz ensemble performed at a bar/pinball place, so a couple of my friends came with me and we had a great time.
And that was my whole November! It was mainly a lot of school and also avoiding school, y’know?
How was your November? Let me know!!