Happy Saturday, everyone! Today I’m doing another award post! I took a bit of a break because I felt like I was doing them too frequently, but I’m back. I was tagged by the lovely Sarah to do this tag, so thank you Sarah and sorry it took me a decade and a half to get to it.
The Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
Questions from Sarah
If you could control the weather, how would the seasons change for you?
I think if I could control the weather, I would more want to control it on a day-to-day basis to adjust for extremes, y’know? I like all the seasons and I like experiencing all the seasons, but sometimes I don’t want it to be -20C for more than one day.
What are you reading right now?
Technically, I’m reading Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt, but I haven’t made any progress in weeks.
If you could magically acquire a new talent, what would you choose?
I’d like to be slightly less socially anxious, so I guess the ability to actually hold a conversation.
What’s the best movie you’ve seen recently?
I saw Bohemian Rhapsody recently and loved it!!!! I definitely recommend it if you haven’t seen it yet
What is something you’re hoping to accomplish in the next year?
Currently, I would like to get a job for the summer and maybe the fall semester of next year. Send me good job-getting vibes!!!
What is your most used emoji?
😊 because my boyfriend gets anxious if I don’t put 😊 or “haha” in every text.
What was the name of your first pet?
Sammy! He was a dog and he was the best. We also had two turtles at the same time named Sammy and Speedy. Idk what it is with my parents naming pets Sammy, but our dog after first Sammy was also named Sammy, and they wanted to name our new dog Sammy. So we have Old Sam and Last Sam.
If you didn’t have to work for money, what would you do with your time?
Honestly I think I would still need some sort of structure in my life so I’d probably get some job volunteering somewhere, probably with a non-profit related to health research. Then I’d blog and read and watch the 780 movies and TV shows on my to-watch list.
What is your favourite mythical creature?
I’ve always loved unicorns and mermaids, which is so stereotypical, I know. I also love Phoenixes.
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to a spy for the longest time. Like, if you’ve read the CHERUB series by Robert Muchamore, that’s what I wanted.
What’s your phone background?
My sister, her best friend, my best friend, and me on New Years, and my sister and I at the aquarium in Toronto.
11 random facts about me
- Baseball is my favourite sport, closely followed by hockey
- I rock climb, despite having 0 upper-body strength and not being able to do a single chin-up
- I had a Blackberry cell phone until May of last year
- I stapled a cheque to my finger while I was at the bank recently
- I did my undergrad in public health with a concentration in psychology
- I’m currently in law school, which is great because I can literally lay down the law in arguments
- I love musicals
- I did horseback riding until this August, when I moved away for school
- My favourite drink is probably mojitos but I never think to order them
- I’m really picky about everything
- I’ve recently been obsessed with looking at wedding rings even though I definitely do not want to get married any time soon
My questions for you (I definitely stole some of Sarah’s because they were so good):
- If you could acquire any ability, what would it be?
- What’s your perfect breakfast?
- What’s your phone background?
- Who was your first favourite author?
- If you could use any spell from Harry Potter, which would it be and why?
- If you could only name your children (or pets if you don’t want children) after the characters in a book series, which series and names would you choose?
- What’s something you’ve recently been obsessed with? Gush about it.
- If you could require everyone to read one book, which book would it be?
- Hot or iced coffee?
- What was your favourite subject in school?
- If you could tell your 15-year-old self one thing, what would it be?
As always, no pressure! ❤
Thank you again to Sarah for the tag! And thank you all for the continued love and support ❤