In which I respond to all the awards the wonderful Rebecca has nominated me for!
I shamelessly stole this idea from Rebecca, so thank you for the idea and thank you so much for all the nominations
(and I’m sorry these are so late). If y’all don’t know who Rebecca is, definitely go check her blog out! She’s one of my best blogger friends and favourite blogs to read 🙂
- Answer three questions posed to you by the person who nominated you
- Ask three questions
- Nominate up to 8 others
What is your favourite read of 2018 so far?
I’ve been lucky enough to read some amazing books lately, but the two standouts have been The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid and Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. They were both amazing and I highly recommend them!
Are you participating in any reading challenges this year?
I am! My Goodreads goal is 20, which I’m fairly certain I’ll achieve. Apparently I’m 6 books ahead of schedule, so I’m thinking of upping it to 30. You can also read about my other challenges here!
Who is an author you’d be happy to leave back in 2017?
This is such a good question! The only book I didn’t like that I read in 2017 was Between You and Me by Lisa Hall, which I gave 2.5 stars mainly just for the ending. I don’t think it would be a huge loss if I didn’t read any more Lisa Hall books.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog (thanks again Becca!!!).
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well. (Maggie @okoto enigmas blog).
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about me
- I don’t talk about it very much, but I actually love sports. Baseball is the one true love of my life and I love hockey too. I’m just really bad at following the seasons and honestly usually can’t be bothered to follow who’s winning (except during the playoffs).
- My dream job growing up was being a spy. If you’ve read the CHERUB Series by Robert Muchamore, that was literally my dream.
- I’m THE MOST indecisive person ever, despite also being really picky. It’s bad.
What is your favourite song right now?
I have quite a few. I’ve been going through a country and electronic kick since it’s finally summer and both feel very summery (I literally cannot listen to country in the winter so I take advantage of it during the summer).
- Body by Loud Luxury
- Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld
- New Rules by Dua Lipa
- Bedroom Floor by Liam Payne
- Shoot Me Straight by Brothers Osborne
- Hooked by Dylan Scott
- When It Rains It Pours by Luke Combs
- This is America by Childish Gambino
(did you think I could go a post without being political??)
At what point do you decide how many stars you give a book?
I generally know the range a book will be within the first 50ish pages (i.e. whether it’ll be 4-5 vs. 3-4). I usually don’t firmly decide until I’ve finished the book, but it’s normally pretty similar to my prediction.
What book/books do you wish would be adapted?
Okay this was a question on a tag recently, and I said the Lost Girls by Heather Young and now I really need it to happen. It could be such a cool movie with great cinematography and atmosphere. I also think Dark Matter by Blake Crouch would make a great miniseries, which they’re apparently doing!
Do you like Ed Sheeran?
I love him!! I saw him in concert last year and he was amazing!
Who are some of your favourite bloggers?
This is also counting as my nominations! So if you’re here, you’re one of my favourite blogs and you’re nominated (for the Black Cat Blue Sea award because I feel like that one is done less often)!
- Kiersten: loves Neil Gaiman as much as I do and always has the realest posts.
- Kelly: one of the friendliest people in the blogging community!
- the Orangutan Librarian: who I’m sure everyone knows but honestly has some of the best posts.
- Dee: combines her love of makeup and books into book-inspired makeup looks!
- LaRonda: is really down to Earth and always has great diverse reads!
- Joe: who was one of my first followers and shares my love of Red Rising.
- Haley: who was one of my first blogger friends!
- Rachel: who always has the most honest reviews and whose opinion I always trust.
- Nicole: who always has the nicest things to say about every post.
And many many more!
- Are there any topics that make you automatically interested in a book?
- Favourite book you’d never admit is a favourite?
- Are there any authors you’d never read anything from? Why?
Thank you all for reading! And thanks again to Becca for the nominations!