Thank you very much to Delphine and Vikki for the nominations! Sorry this is about 90 years late. Everyone go check out their blogs: Delphine is currently living the dream in France and Vikki writes lovely book reviews.
The Awesome Blogger Award is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Include the reason behind the award
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you
- Nominate some awesome bloggers
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
What are you doing after writing this post?
As I’m writing this right now, I have to finish to go to a doctors appointment.
Do you enjoy being nominated from blogging awards or do you find them tedious (please explain, as I DETEST yes/no half-ass answers)
I like them!! I find them a little tedious in the whole nominating people/making up questions and such. BUT I also love talking about myself (lol) and learning about other people (because I’m nosy) so overall I really like doing them!
What’s your aesthetic? (bohemian, punk, sophisticated) Include three images puh-leese.
All of the above? But actually I like most aesthetics. I’m a fan of girly but badass aesthetic? Like take the song Short Skirt/Long Jacket by Cake and picture the girl they’re singing about and that’s everything I aspire to be. Someone who’s girly and wears makeup but is also badass and talks politics and gets shit done and doesn’t take shit from anyone.
OKAY since first writing this answer, I’ve determined a better way of saying it: mixing old and new is my aesthetic. Like old brick with marble, knitted sweaters with leather jackets, antiques with modern furniture. If that makes sense?
What song is reflective of your current mood?
As mentioned above, Short Skirt/Long Jacket by Cake is basically my life anthem.
What are your favourite posts to write?
Probably reviews and discussions. I like hearing other people’s opinions and thoughts, and I feel like people respond the most to those types of posts. I also like expressing my opinion, which is the whole reason I started a book blog.
What’s a typical Saturday look like for you?
I horseback ride and Saturday mornings are lesson mornings, so generally I wake up around 9-10ish to be at the barn for 12:30ish. Because I’m at the barn at a weird time, I normally have breakfast late (normally pancakes). Then I have my lesson and put my horse away and clean tack and hang out at the barn and stuff. Then I generally get home around 4ish and shower. Then instead of studying or doing homework I faff around on youtube or WordPress for 3 hours until dinner, and then get down to homework or studying until I go to bed usually around 11 or 12. My boyfriend and I also tend to hang out Saturdays, so replace the internet faffing with hanging out with him instead.
What’s your best childhood memory?
I had a pretty great childhood tbh and nothing really stands out as the “best” memory. But when I was 9 or 10, we took a family vacation to Captiva Island, which is in Florida, and it was an awesome vacation. We listened to the same Great Big Sea album the whole time, and ate at a restaurant called the Island Cow Café which had the biggest ice cream sundaes ever, and found a bunch of sea shells and sand dollars. It was pretty great.
Sweet or Salty?
I like sweet things better generally. But I also like sweet AND salty, like salted caramel and chocolate-covered pretzels!
Biggest bookish pet peeve?
Insta-love, blatant misogyny, inborn misogyny, etc.
Describe your personality in 5 words (adjectives. No nouns. I already know your either a human or a monkey)
Passionate, sarcastic, smart, funny, and anxious (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it’s true)
What would constitute a perfect day for you?
This is so hard because there’s so many different things that would make up my perfect day. So I’ll do a couple:
- I would wake up at my best friend’s cottage in late August. We’d have cinnamon rolls from the bakery and Shreddies with peanut butter for breakfast. Then the two of us would bike to the farm to buy fruit and sugar peas and corn. Then we’d walk into town and buy cheesey bread, chocolate milk, and brownies for lunch and have a picnic by the river. Then we’d spend the afternoon on the beach, swimming, playing cards, and exploring the rocks, and for dinner we’d have corn, potatoes, homemade bread, and chicken nuggets. Then we’d have a campfire with s’mores and lie on the beach and watch the stars. Then we’d go to bed and talk for too many hours.
- I would be competing at a horse show on a Sunday in late July and I’d win my class. The people I love are there to cheer me on. We go out to dinner to celebrate.
- My friends and I decide to go out, so we spend two hours getting ready in my friends’ apartment. We drink Rosé and G&T’s and head downtown to my favourite bar. We get drunk, but not too drunk, and then go to McDonald’s when we leave. We stay over at their apartment and have pancakes in the morning.
- My family and I go skiing at Red Mountain. It snowed the past two days, so there’s a foot of new powder. My siblings and I pay the $10 to go cat-skiing one too many times but it’s perfect every time. Then we have dinner in the A-frame we’re renting, and play cards until it’s bed time.
Those are all very specific but they sound perfect to me.
For what in life do you feel most grateful?
My family and friends. I know that’s cheesy and stereotypical, but I wouldn’t be where I was today without them.
If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
I would LOVE the ability to sing. But I would also love the ability to not procrastinate, so probably that tbh.
If you could erase the entire story of a book from you mind just so you could reread it and hence relive reading it for the first time, which book would you choose and why?
THIS IS SO HARD. Honestly probably Morning Star because THAT BOOK and those PLOT TWISTS. I would love to experience those emotions again.
OR I would love to have experienced Fight Club both ways, if that makes sense? Like watch the movie, erase my memory, then read the book, so I can compare how shocking they were.
Which fictional character do you think would be the most boring to meet in real life? Which would be the most interesting?
Not necessarily the most boring, but I would hate Finch from All the Bright Places if we met in person. He reminds me of my friend Jeremy when Jeremy was 13, and 13 year-old Jeremy was not a fun Jeremy (19 year-old Jeremy is great though).
If you decide to change your current name, what would your new name be?
I basically did this as a kid?? I decided one day that I didn’t like Aleksandra and decided I wanted to start going by Ally.
Which book do you love recommending to everyone around you?
What part of blogging keeps you going and wanting to blog more and more?
Interacting with other bloggers! I love it when people comment on my posts and we have discussions about different things. It makes my heart so happy.
Which is your favourite dessert of all time?
Okay Vikki, I can barely choose a favourite food, let alone a favourite dessert. BUT I love chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream, chocolate-raspberry cheesecake, and hot fudge sundaes with brownies and m’n’ms and Reese’s cups (I don’t like chocolate, clearly)
Which book had you thinking about it for days after you finished reading it? Why?
Morning Star I’ll do a throwback and say the Beka Cooper trilogy. THE ENDING killed me. It was so good, but so sad. My best friend and I talked about it for days.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
- Describe your perfect reading room
- What was your favourite childhood books?
- Are there any hobbies you wish you did? Or wish you had more time to do?
- Do you do any sports?
- Do you have any pets? If yes, please show pictures!
- If you could study anything, what would it be?
- What’s your Harry Potter house?
- Best book of 2017 so far?
Thank you again to Delphine and Vikki for the nominations! And thank you all for following and reading 🙂