Happy November friends! I went from remembering how to read in September to promptly forgetting in October.
- How to Pronounce Knife by Souvankham Thammavongsa: 4.5 stars
- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro: 5 stars
- Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family by Robert Kolker: 4 stars
This month was small numbers wise, but mighty ratings wise. I loved all of these books and really enjoyed reading each of them.
- I’m currently reading Run Towards the Danger by Sarah Polley, which is an essay collection, and it is phenomenal so far. I’ve read the first two essays and LOVED them. I’m super excited to continue.
- Survivor: Kaôh Rōng: my boyfriend and I have like two episodes left of this season, but I’ve been enjoying it so far! Very intrigued to see who wins.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 14: I also finally watched this season of drag race, and loved it! I loved so many of the queens, and thought this was such a strong season. I’m in loved with Bosco and Lady Camden.
- I actually watched a couple movies too! I watched Look Both Ways on Netflix, which I enjoyed! It has one of my least favourite tropes, and I wished the passage of time was a little more obvious, but overall it was sweet and kept me entertained for an evening. I also watched Ocean’s Eleven for the first time ever, which was very good, I understand the hype. I watched Sins of Our Mother on Netflix, which was very heartbreaking. And finally, I rewatched Footloose (2011) with some friends, which was just as entertaining the ??-th time around. One of my friends was an extra and you CAN SEE HIM???? Very fun Easter Egg for me now.
Other news and highlights
- October was a good month!
- It started with Thanksgiving, which we celebrated twice. First, we had dinner with my family and best friend, which was really great. And then we celebrated with my boyfriend’s family, which was also great! Overall, a good weekend even if I was very very sick the whole time.
- The weather was beautiful, so I went for a lot of walks and read outside as much as I could. One night, when it was still like 18 degrees, after it got dark, my boyfriend and I went and bought hot chocolate, and sat by the water. It was honestly the best. Idk why, but I felt so lucky — the weather was beautiful, I was with my boyfriend, I was just very happy and content with life that evening.
- My boyfriend and I also went to our favourite record store one weekend, and I got a couple of Christmas presents for my brother.
- I watched Footloose with some friends, as I mentioned, which was a lot of fun. We also watched the first couple games of the world series together (don’t ask why), and I had a great time. It’s very fun to watch baseball with people who (1) are enthusiastic but (2) know nothing about baseball, and other people are are both enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Great time all around.
- This past weekend, my boyfriend and I took a weekend trip to Toronto! I was going for an awards gala, and he tagged along with me, and it was a great time. We met up with one of my law school friends for dinner (and had the best burgers), went to the Art Gallery of Ontario, and explored downtown Toronto. I also met with Chelsea, finally! We surprised each other by wearing sweaters we thought the other would like.
- And that was my month!
Anyhow, how was your October? What have you been up to? What’s been the most engaging thing you’ve read recently? Let me know!
Thanks for reading! xx