Well well well, if it isn’t the end of another month.
- People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry: 4.5 stars
- How High We Go in the Dark by Sequoia Nagamatsu: 5 stars
- Every Summer After by Carley Fortune: 3.5 stars
I really enjoyed all of these books! How High We Go in the Dark especially was one of those books that reminded me how much I love reading.
- I’m not pressuring myself to read anything right now, but I have a couple in mind!
- Survivor: San Juan del Sur (Blood vs. Water 2): we finished this season, and I really enjoyed it! Which seems to be the counter opinion, but I had a lot of fun with this season.
- Survivor: Worlds Apart: this season,,,,, I both loved and hated it. I actually liked a lot of the gameplay, but I didn’t like 85% of the cast. So a weird season.
- The Bachelorette(s): this season has been a mess. That’s honestly all I have to say lol
- I don’t think I watched a single movie this month, other than rewatching Everything Everywhere All at Once and crying again.
State of the blog
So I haven’t blogged at all this month lol and honestly am not sure whether that will change. I want to post my second third reviews, so those will be coming at some point this week! But other than that, I haven’t really felt the desire to blog. I like doing my wrap-ups because I like being able to look back and see what I was up to each month. And I like doing mini reviews. But other than that, I’ve just felt no desire to sit down and write my thoughts.
So I’ve decided I’m just going to blog when I feel like it. Monthly wrap-ups will happen, and I’ll post the occasional review or post when I have thoughts.
Other news and highlights
- This was a super busy but fun month!
- My boyfriend and I had a game night (afternoon) with my best friend and her boyfriend. We played a monster dungeon game (sorry Shadi, I don’t remember what it was called), which I was SO CLOSE to winning. And then we played monopoly, which I did win! And we caught up and had fondue, and it was overall a great afternoon.
- My sister and I saw Violet Chachki live! She’s one of my favourite drag queens and I love her so much, and it was such a fun show. It was also my first show or anything really since covid, so it was weird but also great. I had such a great time and am so happy we went.
- My family then went backpacking for the weekend! It was me and my boyfriend, my sister and her boyfriend, and my dad and his girlfriend. It was a really nice hike and a beautiful campsite, and we got really lucky with the weather. Overall, it was a really good weekend (even if I got a brutal blister on the hike back and wanted to die).
- Then my boyfriend and I went rafting one weekend for my friend’s birthday! I hadn’t seen her in over a year, so it was really great to see her and get caught up. And again, the weather was great, so overall good (even though I had an allergic reaction or something to the sunscreen and my eye swelled up so bad I couldn’t see and couldn’t go out to dinner).
- This is a weird highlight, but a bunch of my friends downloaded BeReal, and I’ve been having so much fun! Idk it’s a lot of fun to see what everyone’s doing throughout their day.
- And THEN, I GOT CALLED TO THE BAR!! I’m officially a lawyer! It was such a special day, and I’m so lucky. My boss made a fantastic speech that was so sweet and heartfelt, and thanks to the power of Webex, a bunch of my friends and family who aren’t in Calgary were able to watch it, and it was just such a great day.
- After my bar call, some of my friends and I went out for dinner and ice cream, which was great. We hadn’t caught up in a while, so it was so good to see them.
- And then the next day, we had a BBQ/party at my dad’s house, which was also a lot of fun. A bunch of my friends that I hadn’t seen in a bit were there, and my godmother came from Ontario to see us.
- My boyfriend and I ended up spending the weekend with my family and godmother, which was really great too. We played guitar hero, watched Everything Everywhere All at Once, had brunch, and went to IKEA. Overall, a 10/10 weekend.
Anyhow, how was your August? What have you been up to? What’s been the most engaging thing you’ve read recently? Let me know!
Thanks for reading! xx
Twitter // Instagram // Goodreads // Buy me a coffee!
5 thoughts on “August wrap-up!”
Congratulations on being called to the bar, counselor!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ahhh thank you!!!! ♥️♥️♥️
I’m so jealous you got to see Violet Chachki, her shows look amazing! And congratulations on officially becoming a lawyer omg!!
It sounds like a really great month. And congratulations! That’s really exciting.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you!! ♥️