Hello hello, long time no see!
Sorry for taking a bit of an unannounced hiatus. To be honest, I was just really busy and didn’t feel like reading or blogging, so I simply didn’t. I think I only read one book in February, so I thought I’d just wait and combine my two wrap-ups in the same post. I also want to try to come back to blogging a bit, so hopefully I’m around a bit more!
- Fault Lines by Emily Itami: 4 stars
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno Garcia: 2.5 stars
- The Project by Courtney Summers: 4 stars
- Seven Days in June by Tia Williams: 4 stars
Overall, an okay couple of reading months! Mexican Gothic took me literally all of February to read. I plan on writing a full review of it at some point. But I really enjoyed my other reads!
- I am happy to report that I read all three books I said I was currently reading last time!
- I just recently started The Memory Police by Yoko Ogawa, translated by Stephen Snyder and I am loving it so far! I’m only about 30 pages in but I’m so intrigued and just want to go home and read it.
- Survivor: Vanautu: this season was,,, fine. It was fairly entertaining, but the top two were underwhelming and the winner was super random. Not a season I would rewatch any time soon.
- Survivor: Palau: I found this season very okay too. I know it’s fairly well-loved, but I just found it okay. Not the worst, but not my favourite. I do really love Stephanie, though.
- Survivor 42: the newest season of Survivor started in March! My partner and I have only watched the first two episodes, but I’ve enjoyed them a lot.
- Survivor: Guatemala: we also started Guatemala, which has Steph and Bobby Jon as returning players. We just got to the merge, and I’m super interested to finished it.
- Quinton Reviews’ Victorious series: again, this isn’t TV but it was like 20 hours worth of content so I’m counting it. It’s very good “background while I’m cooking” content.
- Bridgerton Season 2: it’s out!!! I honestly just haven’t had time to binge watch this, but I’m so excited to watch and finish it!
- And finally, The Bachelor ended. Terrible ending, Clayton needs to sort some shit out.
Other bookish posts
That was my only post recently! Expect more soon!
Other news and highlights
- A lot happened in February and March!
- It was my sister’s 18th birthday in February, so we went out to dinner to celebrate on her actual birthday and then had a cocktail night with my family a couple days later.
- We started a book club at work and had our first meeting! We read Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice, which is one of my favourites. Highly recommend it. It was a lot of fun to talk about it.
- My family and I went on a ski trip for a week! I hadn’t been skiing all season, and we went to my favourite ski hill, Red Mountain. The snow was okay, but the weather was really nice and it wasn’t busy at all, so I had a great time. It was also good to spend more time with my family.
- Then in March, it was my birthday! We went out to dinner and had cake/presents at my apartment, and it was great. 26 is a made up age though.
- My partner and I had our 9 year anniversary! We didn’t do much on the actual day because we both had work, but we went out for brunch a couple weekends later which was really nice.
- Maybe most importantly: I WROTE THE BAR! Technically in Alberta, there’s no bar exam, but rather a course you do over like 8 months. The last portion of the course is four days-worth of assignments, and that’s what you’re graded on. So I did that in March! I’m so glad to be done lol
- And to celebrate, my boyfriend bought me dinner one night, which we don’t do a whole lot. And I bought myself a book to celebrate as well.
- Last, it was my dad’s birthday, so we got sushi and ramen. Overall, a good, if busy, couple of months.
How has the start of your year been? What’s been your favourite book lately?
Thanks for reading! xx