Happy February, friends! I cannot believe the first month of the year is over already!
I ended up not blogging as much as I had anticipated this month (I never even posted my 2021 favourites!), and I don’t see that changing for February or March tbh; work is super busy the next couple of months, so I might be a bit absent! But I will be around, reading all y’alls posts, maybe posting here or there.
Anyhow, let’s look at what I did this month!
- Son of a Trickster by Eden Robinson: 4 stars
- The Girls I’ve Been by Tess Sharpe: 4 stars
This was a great start to the year! I really enjoyed both of these books.
- Fault Lines by Emily Itami: I’m so close to finishing this book, and I’ve been really enjoying it!
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia: I read the first 30ish pages of this, and then had to put it down because Fault Lines was going to go back to the library. But I was very intrigued and will definitely be finishing it!
- I will hopefully be starting Seven Days in June by Tia Williams ASAP because it’s my second Booktube Spin book and because I have to return it to the library soon.
- Survivor: Amazon: I loved this season and it became one of my favourites. Jenna is such a great player and I love her.
- Survivor: Pearl Islands: it was great to meeting Sandra and Rupert for the first time, and I had a great time watching this season. It’s so funny watching it knowing who wins because at multiple times during the season, multiple people say she won’t win and then.
- Survivor: All stars: my partner and I have already watched this season but we wanted to rewatch it knowing everyone. It was definitely fun to rewatch it knowing how everyone plays.
- Quinton Reviews’ iCarly series: okay this isn’t TV or anything, but I watched 15 hours of a guy talk about iCarly and Victorious so I’m counting it. Highly recommend watching it if you have the time. I watched it over a couple of weeks while cooking. Also his video on Fred is great.
- I also watched that Disney FastPass video that was recommended to everyone this month. Also recommend it, it was super interesting.
- And I can’t talk about YouTube without talking about Mike’s Mic’s Pretty Little Liars series, which satisfied my desire to rewatch the series. I still need to watch Part 3 but plan to do that this weekend.
- I decided to rewatch Bridgerton, which was just as trashy and just as fun the second time around.
- I’ve also regrettably been watching this season of The Bachelor, which is not nearly as bad as I was expecting but is also painfully average.
Other bookish posts
Other news and highlights
- January went by in a blur of work and omicron!
- It seems like everyone I know had covid at some point this month: my dad had it, my boyfriend’s sister, brother, sister-in-law, and parents all had it, several people from work had it. I had to work from home for a week because I was a close contact of someone at work. A kid my boyfriend teaches got it. My partner and I have been dodging it as best we can.
- The weather got way nicer this month, so I was able to go on a bunch of walks! I went on one with my coworker last week and it was really nice and therapeutic to walk by the water and talk.
- I had a lot of fun and interesting work this month, and a lot of difficult clients and meetings. Overall a good work month, if a bit tiring at times.
- It was a good month in the group chat too, which seems like a weird thing to put as a highlight but tbh, the group chats are the only things keeping me going at the moment.
- My family did our first family therapy session, which was a success! Big moves happening here, folks.
- OH I’ve been playing Wordle. Thank god it’s only a once-a-day kind of thing because I’d never put it down if not. 10/10 would recommend.
How was your January? What have you read this month? Have you watched anything recently? Let me know!