Hi friends, happy September! I can’t believe the summer is over already and that it’s SEPTEMBER. This is actually my first ever September where I’m not going back to school, so that’s a little weird.
But anyway, let’s talk about the books I read this month!
- Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl: 4.5 stars
- Wink, Poppy, Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke: 3 stars
My reading slump has persisted, largely due to the fact that this month was really busy. But I have a chill couple of weeks, so hopefully my slump ends!
- Replay by Ken Grimwood: I started the audiobook of this recently, and unfortunately it got returned to the library before I could finish it and now there’s a hella long wait. But I was really enjoying it, so I plan on continuing it.
- Red Comet by Heather Clark: this book is SO LONG, like 49 hours, and my commute is only like seven minutes. So I never really get the chance to listen to this. But I am enjoying it, and plan on working through it very slowly.
- My priority for the next couple of weeks are Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers and Influence by Sara Sheppard, which are my two Booktube Spin picks
- Survivor: South Pacific: ahhh this season. I feel very meh about it. I was happy with the winner, but only because I didn’t want the other two in the top three winning. It was a frustrating season, but still entertaining.
- Survivor: One World: I actually really enjoyed this season, and was super happy with the winner. There were some annoying people at the beginning, but it ended up being an entertaining season.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK, season 2: I haven’t finished this season yet and tbh kind of forgot I was watching it.
- Canada’s Drag Race: I started watching this on a plane recently, and it’s a lot of fun. I think I know who wins, but have been avoiding spoilers at all costs so idk.
- The Bachelorette: I have a lot of thoughts on the finale so lmk if you want them and I’ll elaborate in the comments LOL.
Other bookish posts
I took a blogging break this month, so I have no other posts! But I’ve missed blogging and am really looking forward to writing posts again. So hopefully, now that I have some more time, I’ll get more posts written.
Other news and highlights
- This was a really great month tbh.
- It started with my work organizing for us to learn how to put up a tipi, which was incredible. We set up the tipi, learned about the culture of tipis, and then dismantled it. It was one of the best days I’ve had in a while.
- There have been a bunch of mini concerts happening at the park across the road from my work, so my coworkers and I have been going and sitting by them for lunch, which has been great. A very enjoyable way to spend our lunch hour.
- My old coworkers all had their bar calls this month, so they’re all lawyers officially! The ceremonies were all very sweet and special.
- An interactive Van Gogh exhibit came to Calgary, so my boyfriend and I went for a cute little date night. We both really enjoyed it, and I’d definitely recommend it if it comes to your area.
- A family friend took us to dinner at the Golf and Country Club, which is always a good time. 10/10 would recommend.
- I also saw a bunch of friends I haven’t seen in a while, which is always good.
- Near the end of August, we finally had my mom’s funeral. She passed away March 2020, but we haven’t been able to enter Nova Scotia until now. We were finally allowed in, so we could have the funeral and bury her remains. It went as well as a funeral could go.
How was your August? What have you read this month? Have you watched anything recently? Let me know!