Hi friends, I hope the start of your week has been going well! July seemed to fly by so quickly, despite me reading close to nothing. The slump is hitting, I fear.
- Brood by Jackie Polzin: 4 stars
- Islands of Decolonial Love by Leanne Betasamosake Simpson: 4 stars
- Last Night in Montreal by Emily St. John Mandel
I found it really hard to find the motivation to read this month, but I really enjoyed the books I did manage to read! Hopefully August will be a bit better reading-wise.
- Replay by Ken Grimwood: I started the audiobook of this recently, and unfortunately it got returned to the library before I could finish it and now there’s a hella long wait. But I was really enjoying it, so I plan on continuing it.
- Red Comet by Heather Clark: my hold on this also ran out, BUT it was just recently returned to me, so I hope to continue to read it.
- Some other books I hope to read this month: Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers and Influence by Sara Sheppard (my two Booktube Spin picks), Wink, Poppy, Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke, and Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl (which was finally released from the library!)
- Survivor: Samoa: got to watch the infamous Russel Hantz in his first season, and honestly, this season was so good. I actually didn’t hate Russel as a player this season tbh. Perhaps an #unpopularopinion but I think Natalie was a totally deserving winner.
- Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains: THIS SEASON was SO GOOD. So many iconic things happened: Tyson voting himself out lol, JT giving Russel an idol, Parvati giving up TWO IDOLS one TC, the FTC. It was so good. Parvati should have won, but I was still happy with the winner.
- Survivor: Nicaragua: this season was also a lot of fun. Justice for Brenda, she deserved better.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK, season 2: I haven’t finished this season yet, so all I’ll say is bing bang bong.
- The Bachelorette: of course I’ve been watching this season. It’s been super entertaining for the most part, and I’m enjoying it!
Other bookish posts
Graphics-a-thon wrap up // July and August TBR (???) // Some summery reads // Books on my TBR: authors I’ve read before // Some book covers I love for books I’m not interested in reading // Books I want more people to read: nonfiction // How well does Goodreads know me?
Other news and highlights
- I can’t even remember most of what happened in July.
- I had my first court appearance, which was very exciting!!! It was just over WebEx, but still! My client’s charges were withdrawn, which is always a good thing.
- The building my work is in gave us free lunch for Stampede, so thanks to my landlord for the free fried chicken.
- We had dinner with my family and my boyfriend’s family a lot, and it’s always nice to see them.
- I saw some of my friends after ages, and it was good to see them! Missed hanging out with friends tbh.
- I saw my friend Erika for ice cream, which was really great. We haven’t seen each other in almost a year, so it was really good to catch-up with her.
- I also hung out with my work friends a few times, mainly at work. They’re all really great, and I’m lucky to be working with such a great group of people.
How was your July? What have you read this month? Have you watched anything recently? Let me know!