Hi friends, I hope the start of your week has been going well! June just flew by, and we’re into July!
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Adhieh: 4 stars
- Beach Read by Emily Henry: 4.5 stars
- Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me by Mariko Tamaki and Rosemary Valero-O’Connell: 4 stars
- Imagine Wanting Only This by Kristen Radtke: 2 stars
- The Fire Never Goes Out by Noelle Stevenson: 5 stars
- On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden: 5 stars
- The Outside Circle by Patti Laboucane-Benson and Kelly Mellings: 4 stars
Most of these books were read during graphicsathon, or started that week! I’m glad I got through so many graphic novels that had been on my TBR, as well as some new ones. I found a couple new favourites, which is exciting. Despite this seeming like a lot of books, I didn’t read as much as I wanted to this month. June ended up being fairly busy, and I didn’t want to read when I had time. But, I have a few books I’m currently reading that I’m really excited about!
- Replay by Ken Grimwood: I started the audiobook of this recently, and unfortunately it got returned to the library before I could finish it and now there’s a hella long wait. But I was really enjoying it, so I plan on continuing it.
- Red Comet by Heather Clark: this is a biography about Sylvia Plath, and it’s hella long, so it’s going to take me a while to get through. But I’m making slow yet steady progress!
- Brood by Jackie Polzin: it’s happening!!! I am finally reading the chicken book!!
- In July, I also plan to read Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers and Influence by Sara Sheppard. These were my two Booktube Spin picks, and I’m very excited to read both.
- Survivor: Micronesia: Fans vs. Favourites: this season was SO GOOD and definitely one of my favourites so far. I loved seeing all the returning players, there were some great new players, and there was so much drama and action, and it was a lot of fun.
- Survivor: Gabon: this season was a bit of a mess lol but honestly I enjoyed it. It was frustrating to watch at times, but I loved the ultimate winner and some of the other players.
- Survivor: Tocantins: this season was also great and had a lot of fantastic players. I had a lot of fun watching it, and I’m excited to see the returning players soon.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars, season 5: I watched season 5 of course, and it was so good!!! I loved almost everyone who came back, and the winner was so well-deserved. What a great season.
Other bookish posts
Books on my TBR: classics by men // Series I actually want to read and finish // Graphics-a-thon recommendations! // Spotlighting Indigenous authors // Books on my TBR: nonfiction // Midyear Freakout Book Tag: 2021
Other news and highlights
- My boyfriend and I moved in together! We got our own apartment and spent about a week at the beginning of June moving in, unpacking, getting everything set up. It’s been really great so far. I like where we’re living, and living together has been fun.
- I met one of my best friends for a catch-up, and it was great! We haven’t seen each other in AGES, so it was so good to catch-up. And we’re now walking distance away from each other again, which is so exciting!
- I also met some of my other close friends for a catch-up, which was again great. We also hadn’t seen each other in-person since like September or something, so it was great to see each other.
- I started articling! I’m back at the firm I worked last summer, and I’m loving it. I love the work and the people I work with, and am so grateful to be here.
- My family got a puppy!! My dad and siblings adopted a Terrier x Pitbull puppy, and she’s so cute! I’ll post pictures when I have some good ones.
- I got my second shot! I was so sore the next day, but I felt better within like 24 hours, and I’m very grateful I was able to get it so quickly.
- Other than going for walks, reading, watching Survivor, and work, that was my month!
How was your June? What have you read this month? Have you watched anything recently? Let me know!