Hello hello hello, happy (almost) June, everyone! I hope you had a lovely May.
- From the Ashes by Jesse Thistle: 5 stars
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed: 4 stars
- Haben by Haben Girma: 4 stars
- The Gallery of Unfinished Girls by Lauren Karcz: 3.5 stars
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead: 3.5 stars
- Home by Toni Morrison: 4 stars
- Three Women by Lisa Taddeo: 4 stars
- If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha: 5 stars
I managed to read quite a few books this month! I also managed to read THREE books from my 2021 TBR, which is pretty impressive of me tbh.
- Replay by Ken Grimwood: I started the audiobook of this recently, and it’s been entertaining so far. It’s taking a turn right now that I’m very excited about.
- Meanwhile, Elsewhere edited by Cat Fitzpatrick and Casey Plett: I read a couple really great stories from this collection this month, and I’m excited to continue!
- All the Young Dudes by MsKingBean89: I’ve made no progress on this, soz.
- In June, I will be reading a ton of graphic novels (announcement tomorrow!) and hopefully a couple books from the library that I’m very excited about.
- Survivor: Fiji: we finished this season this month, and upon reflection, it was very meh. So many people on the jury were so bitter about being there, which made the final tribal council rough. But, I love Yao and am excited to watch him in Micronesia.
- Survivor: China: now THIS SEASON was so good. SUCH a good cast, so many fun challenges, so much happening. Every episode was entertaining and I loved it. My boyfriend and I will be watching Micronesia next, and I’m SO EXCITED.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race, seasons 11-12: these seasons were both pretty good. Season 11 was entertaining, but other than Miss Vanjie, I don’t have any new favourites, and I wasn’t really thrilled with the winner. HOWEVER, I love pretty much everyone from season 12. The top five/four were so good, and I was so happy with the winner.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, season 3: okay so I love Trixie Mattel, but she seemed like a random winner tbh. Like, Dela definitely should have won and it was kind of sad she eliminated herself. But, this was still a fun season.
- NHL Playoffs: the Leafs are in the playoffs, so I’ve been watching their games!
- First third reviews: nonfiction
- First third reviews: fiction
- Mini review: The Future of Another Timeline
Other bookish posts
Summer reading plans // Books on my TBR: poetry collections // Past hauls: have I read them? // Books on my TBR: classics by women // All the classics I’ve read // Books I have on hold at the library (pt. 3)
Other news and highlights
- My boyfriend and I moved across the country, driving from Ottawa, Ontario to Calgary, Alberta in a 26′ UHaul. It was honestly so much fun and we had such a great time. Ontario is so beautiful, and it was fun to drive through it. Manitoba and Saskatchewan were a little rougher to drive through tbh, but it was still a great time.
- As soon as we got back, we started looking for a place here to live, and we got approved for an apartment! We’re both really excited about it. The building is gorgeous and the apartment is newly renovated, and it’s super close to my work. As I’m writing this, we have about a week before we move in, but as this is being posted, we should be moving in tomorrow! Wish us luck!
- Other than that, May was super chill tbh. I watched an exorbitant amount of RuPaul and tiktok, looked for apartments, read books, and did the hardest puzzle I’ve ever done.
How was your May? What have you read this month? Have you watched anything recently? Let me know!