Hello friends, I hope your March was great! Mine felt like it went by super quickly, and I can’t believe it’s already April.
AND I’m in my last month of law school!! It’s going to be a pretty busy month as I have a lot to do, but I’m excited to be done! Last push.
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown: 5 stars
- Lobizona by Romina Garber: 4 stars
- Night by Elie Wiesel: unrated
- The Future of Another Timeline by Annalee Newitz: 4 stars
This was a pretty great reading month! I really enjoyed all these books and am glad to have read them.
- We Were Eight Years in Power by Ta-Nehisi Coates: I’m listening to the audiobook of this, and it’s alright. I’m not thrilled, but I am learning a lot.
- Meanwhile, Elsewhere edited by Cat Fitzpatrick and Casey Plett: I’m still working through this anthology and really enjoying it. I haven’t read this for a while because the next story is really long and I need time to read it, but hopefully I’ll get to it soon.
- All the Young Dudes by MsKingBean89: I still haven’t read this in a while, sigh.
- My April is fairly busy so I’m not sure what I’ll read, but here are some books I’m hoping to read: The Mars Room by Rachel Kushner, Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers and probably an audiobook at some point!
- The Bachelor: the Bachelor finished this month, and I thought the finale was super interesting, especially After the Final Rose. If you watched this season, I’d love to talk about it!
- Survivor: Redemption Island: my boyfriend and I have been watching some old Survivor seasons, and this is the one we finished recently. I’m obsessed, I love it so much. We’ve now started watching All Stars (season 8) because I wanted to see Rob and Amber meet.
- She’s All That: I am once again watching cheesy 90s romcoms. This was as 90s as I expected, but I have to admit that I kind of loved it.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race, season 5: I did it, I started watching Drag Race. I love it. I’m so happy Jinkx won.
Other bookish posts
Books on my TBR: books with fewer than 500 ratings on Goodreads // Recommendations for books with a ragtag crew/team of misfits/found family // A book haul // The recommendations book tag (original) (wow) // Recommendations for books with 20-something year-old protagonists
Other news and highlights
- This month went by so quickly, I barely know what I did.
- It was my birthday at the start of the month, and I managed to have a great birthday despite the pandemic. A family friend bought me dinner, so I got to have restaurant food for my birthday without going to a restaurant. I also did a couple Zoom parties/game nights/catch-ups with my friends, which was really great. It was fun to see them all and play games and drink wine.
- I had reading week, but I really didn’t do a whole lot. My boyfriend and I went on a bunch of walks and watched a lot of TV, but there wasn’t a ton else we could do (pandemic things). But it was night to get a break from school!
- The weather was really nice closer to the end of the month, so I went for a ton of walks and listened to my audiobooks.
- My lease is up at the end of the month and I’m moving back across the country, so my boyfriend and I started planning our road trip. It’s been stressful, mainly just because my brain gets anxious about certain things. But I’m actually really excited!
- I’ve been in a bit of a slump re: my blog and creativity, but I’ve been feeling more creative recently! Hopefully there will be more fun content coming. But, like always, thank you all for the support on all my posts! It really does mean the world.
How was your March? What have you read this month? Have you watched anything recently? Let me know!