Hello friends, I hope your February was great! I managed to read a few great books, so let’s talk about those.
- Ragged Company by Richard Wagamese: 4.5 stars
- Stay Gold by Tobly McSmith: 2 stars
- Ties That Tether by Jane Igharo: 3.5 stars
- The One by John Marrs: 4.5 stars
- Freedom is a Constant Struggle by Angela Y. Davis: 4 stars
- The Divines by Ellie Eaton: 3.5 stars
- Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man by Emmanuel Acho: 5 stars
This reading month was kind of up and down! I enjoyed most of what I read, but also struggled through a couple things. Reviews for a lot of these will be coming soon!
- Meanwhile, Elsewhere edited by Cat Fitzpatrick and Casey Plett: I’m still working through this anthology and really enjoying it. I recently read my favourite story from the collection so far, which is exciting.
- All the Young Dudes by MsKingBean89: I haven’t read this in a little while because a big tonal shift is coming and I’m not ready for that. But I’m still enjoying this.
- I haven’t started yet, but I plan on reading the following in the next few days: Daring Greatly by Brené Brown, The Gallery of Unfinished Girls by Lauren Karcz, and Lobizona by Romina Garber
- The Bachelor: I’ve been watching this with my roommates and catching up after with a couple friends, and it’s been great. This season has been super entertaining so far, and I’m excited for the next few episodes.
- Survivor: Cagayan: my boyfriend recommended we watch Survivor, so we’ve been watching this season together. He’s already seen it, but I’ve never watched Survivor and I’m LOVING IT so far. This season has been great and I love the group dynamics.
- The Bachelorette (Hannah Brown’s season): I started watching this old season for something to watch, and it’s been SO FRUSTRATING. If you’ve watched it, you know how annoying Luke P. is.
- Instant Hotel (seasons 1 and 2): everyone should watch this show please, it’s great. I’m still working on season 1 and haven’t watched the finale yet, but I love it.
- John Tucker Must Die: Disney+ added a TON of adult movies and TV shows, so I’ve been watching some I’ve always wanted to watch but never got around to. If you ignore all the early-2000s-ness of this movie, it’s really great.
Other bookish posts
Books on my TBR: pink books // Books with fewer than 5,000 ratings on Goodreads you should read // Books I have on hold at the library // Books on my TBR: books about disability // What to read if you don’t know what to read
Other news and highlights
- I’m going to be honest, it’s been so hard to motivate myself to do school this semester. I like all my courses, I just can’t find the motivation to do work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- I had a week-long migraine a couple of weeks ago, which was a lot of fun. I did manage to read a book, though!
- For Valentine’s Day, my boyfriend and I made pierogies and cake and drank sparkling wine, and it was a great night. 10/10 would recommend homemade pierogies.
- The Great Percy War happened on twitter, where some random French person decided to insult my friend Rachel’s cat, Percy, for no reason, and then called a bunch of us slurs and rude words. Cue my friend Aneta trolling them for two hours until they stopped.
- That was honestly probably the most exciting thing to happen in February!
How was your February? How is everyone holding up in our never ending lockdown? What have you read this month? Let me know!