Hello friends, welcome to the last day of December and 2020, and my December wrap-up!
This month’s wrap-up is fairly short because I was mainly writing finals all month, and we’re in lockdown here so I didn’t get up to much. I did draft a ton of 2020 reading wrap-up posts though, which I am so excited for. I love reading wrap-ups, so expect a lot of them throughout January.
But, let’s talk about December!
- The Majesties by Tiffany Tsao: 4 stars
Not the best reading month, but I had a terrible finals season so I’m not too upset by it.
- As I’m writing this, I’m not currently reading anything but probably will be ASAP
- Great British Baking Show: as of writing this, I have THREE episodes left of GBBO and then I’ll have completed it entirely. I love it and will probably rewatch it as soon as I’ve finished tbh.
- Pride and Prejudice (2005): I finally watched this and I loved it! It was so fun and sweet, and I get the hype.
- BlackKKlansmen: my family and I just watched this the other night and it was great. Super entertaining, but also really well done. The movie didn’t try to make you sympathize with KKK members, which I was worried about. Highly recommend.
Other bookish posts
Other news and highlights
- Most of my December was dedicated to finals, and studying finals and watching GBBO was essentially all I did for the first three weeks of December, other than brief breaks to decorate for Christmas.
- Oh, I think I did go skiing once with my sister and family friend, and then had dinner with their family (outdoors, masked in the car, etc.). The skiing was really nice, but because I never leave my house, I haven’t acclimated to the cold weather so I was FREEZING the whole time.
- Our Christmas was super chill. My province is in lockdown and we’re in a pandemic, so it was just my family for Christmas dinner. Which was honestly pretty nice, because we didn’t have to worry about cleaning up our mess from the morning.
- I got a ton of books for Christmas, but didn’t do a dedicated haul post because that seems kind of insensitive given the everything happening right now. But I’ll put a picture below!
- My sister and I went prom dress shopping for her, which was great. We’re both VERY indecisive, but it was fun to look at the pretty dresses.
- My family had a virtual sushi night with one of my best friends, and it was so nice. We bought her sushi and she bought us ice cream and we facetimed while eating said sushi, and it was just really lovely. We haven’t talked in a while, so it was good to catch up with her.
- That was pretty much my December!
I also just wanted to take some time to thank you all for all the love and support this year. This year hasn’t been easy for anyone, myself included, but blogging has, as always, been a really great distraction and outlet. I know I haven’t been super present in the blogging community this year, but thank you for all the support nonetheless. It really does mean the world, and I’m so lucky people want to read what I have to say and talk to me about books.
I have a TON of posts planned for January, all of which I’m really excited about. And I have some fun ideas for February, and I have a more chill semester this semester, so hopefully I’ll be around a bit more!
But again, thank you all for the love and support! 💕
How was your December? How were your holidays? How’s your end of year reading going? Let me know!