Hello friends! Happy December!
November, once again, felt so fast and so slow at the same time. School has been insanely busy this month, so I haven’t posted a ton. I’m also getting to the point in the year where I don’t want to blog a ton, so that likely won’t change any time soon tbh. But I have a couple of posts scheduled for December! And I love wrap-up posts, so you can bet there will be a ton of those in January.
Also just a quick reminder that I’m hosting a giveaway! See this post for how to enter!
- Shut up, You’re Pretty by Téa Mutonji: 4.5 stars
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: 5 stars
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman: 4.5 stars
I really enjoyed all of these books, and am super happy to have finally read them.
- Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit: I’m enjoying this, though not as much as I expected to.
- Great British Baking Show: I’ve been watching exorbitant amounts of GBBO this month, and do not regret it at all.
- Queen’s Gambit: my boyfriend and I also started watching Queen’s Gambit on Netflix, and we’re loving it! We’re only about halfway through, but it’s great.
Other bookish posts
Other news and highlights
- This month started with the dreaded election. I don’t think any week has felt longer than that week. I was checking Associated Press every hour to see if there were any updates, and literally jumped out of bed when PA and GA flipped.
- And then of course Destiel happened, which we won’t even get into.
- I officially came out as bi to my friends and family, and as I suspected, none of them cared.
- My boyfriend and I went to Banff for a couple of nights, and it was nice to have some time just the two of us. We rented a place with a kitchen so we didn’t have to go to restaurants, and it was really nice.
- My house had a power outage one night, and I had to do my readings by candlelight and missed class.
- Some of my friends and I have a Zoom wine night, and it was great to catch up with them.
- That was basically my month!
How was your November? What did you read this month? How was your election week? Let me know!