Hello friends! Happy Halloween!!!!
For once, October seemed like a normally-paced month. Things still happened very quickly, but it actually seems like the month happened. So without further ado, let’s get into my wrap-up.
- The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang: 5 stars
- I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver: 4.5 stars
A small but mighty group of books! I adored both of these books, clearly, and am very happy to have read them. I also officially marked The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer as a DNF because my hold on the library was up, and when I got it back, I had no desire to continue. I was enjoying it, but not enough to dedicate time to listening it.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: finally! I might actually be done this by the time this post (fingers crossed) but as of writing this post, I’m really enjoying it.
- Great British Baking Show: I started watching GBBO this month and I am obsessed. It’s so good and easy to watch.
- Unsolved Mysteries: I also watched this on Netflix, and loved it. I haven’t finished series 2, but series 1 was fantastic. I also started watching Forensic Files lmao which is entertaining but not as good.
Other bookish posts
Other news and highlights
- Like I said, this month felt a bit like an actual month, but that doesn’t actually mean much happened.
- My friends and I had a brunch picnic, which was great. It was really good to see them and catch up.
- I dyed my hair pink!!!! It wasn’t super bright, but I loved it and am planning on dyeing it brighter soon. Idk it was a lot of fun having pink hair.
- My boyfriend and I went to a farm that had a pumpkin patch and corn maze and petting zoo and had a great time. Because of the whole global pandemic situation, we haven’t had any real dates in literal months, so it was fun to actually do something.
- We also decided not to go back to Ottawa this semester because of the cases and risk while flying and such, which sucks. But I did buy some new sweatpants, so I’m happy about that lol.
- My best friend Shadi came over for dinner one night, and we haven’t seen each other in ages so it was good to catch up and talk and get the tea on each others’ life.
That was my month! How was your October? What did you read this month? Let me know!