And yet here we are. This month was busy with school starting, and I am overwhelmed. But, let’s get into what I read this month!
- She Would Be King by Wayétu Moore: 5 stars
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker: 4.5 stars
- I Killed Zoe Spanos by Kit Frick: 4 stars
- Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds: 4 stars
- Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 4 stars
Unlike most months, these were all physical or ebooks with no audiobooks! It was also a great month and I really enjoyed everything I read.
- The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer: I’m still listening to the audiobook for this, and I’m enjoying it. I haven’t had the time to read it a ton recently because I haven’t been leaving my house, but I’m still determined to read it.
- The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang: I’m really, really enjoying this. It’s super well-written and really interesting. I’m hoping to finish it soon.
- A lot of YouTube: that’s it.
Other bookish posts
Books on my TBR: ultra-specific non-fiction // Scientifically determining whether I like nonfiction better as audio or physical books // Recommending books based on your poor descriptions of your favourite books // Books on my TBR: diverse short story collections // Ebooks I have read and want a physical copy of // If you liked this book, you might not like this book
Other news and highlights
- I can’t really say a whole lot happened this month. I started school, and I’ve gotta be honest, I’m really not loving online school. There are good parts and bad parts, but it’s overall more work than I was expecting. So I’m super busy. But I am enjoying my classes, so that’s good.
- I bought a detachable keyboard and mouse to help with online school, and it has been a godsend for in classes. Many thanks to my friend Aneta for suggesting it and sending me the link.
- I did a bit of hiking this month. My boyfriend and I went for one together one weekend, and my family and I went this past weekend to see the larches. It’s nice to be able to get out a bit.
- Some of my friends came over for a backyard wine night, which was really nice. It was great to catch-up and see them (and also drink wine).
- My sister’s soccer club did a mini outdoor season, so I went to two of her games and her team won both!
- That’s about all this month tbh.
That was my month! How was your September? What did you read this month? Let me know!