Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today I thought I would do a bit of a check-in for my 2020 goals, see how I’m doing and whether they need to be updated. I often find that my goals shift throughout the year, and especially with the pandemic, things have shifted.
So, without further ado, lets get into my goals!
- ❌: not on track
- 🌀: could be better
- ✅: on track
- Read 30 books ✅: I have read 36 books so far this year and have updated my Goodreads goal to 40 books, but I think I’ll be updating it to 50 sometime soon!
- Read 50% Canadian authors 🌀: I’m definitely slacking a little bit with this, but I have been pretty conscientious about reading Canadian authors, so that’s good.
- Of those, read 50% Indigenous authors 🌀: similarly, I’ve been slacking a bit but have been making an effort to read Indigenous authors.
- Read three non-fiction books ✅: I’ve read eleven non-fiction books this year, which is amazing!
- Read one graphic novel ✅: I read Sabrina by Nick Drnaso, which I loved, as well as Check, Please! by Ngozi Ukazu, which I also loved.
- Read one classic ❌: I have yet to read a classic, but I have Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier on my 2020 TBR, so I’m hopeful!
- Reach 1,600 followers ✅: I haven’t hit 1,600 followers yet, but I’m very close so I’m counting this as on track!
- Host a giveaway ❌: this hasn’t happened yet, but I have plans! So it will happen!
- Find a job + articling 🌀: so, I found a summer job but I have yet to find articling. So this is still a constant stress in my life (though I do love my job).
- Eat more vegetables (lol) 🌀: I was pretty good about eating vegetables for a while, but I have been slacking lately.
- Rock climb once per week in the summer ❌: well, a global pandemic hit and I haven’t felt comfortable leaving the house unless I have to, so I have not been rock climbing once.
- See friends at least once a month 🌀: I was good at this for a while, but again, due to the pandemic, I’ve been slacking about this. We were good for a while about FaceTimes and social-distanced field meetings, but everyone got tired of that lol
So, there’s my update of my 2020 goals! Overall, I’d say I’m not doing too bad! There are definitely things I could work on, but c’est la vie.
Anyway, thanks for reading!