Hi, friends! February is over, so it’s time for my February wrap-up.
- The Only Girl in the World by Maude Julien: 4.5 stars
- Vita Nostra by the Dyachenkos: 4 stars
- Text Me When You Get Home by Kayleen Schaefer: 3.5 stars
- Heart Berries by Terese Marie Mailhot: 4 stars
- Sabrina by Nick Drnaso: 4.5 stars
This was another great reading month! Two of the books were audiobooks, one was a graphic novel, and one was very short, so that helped.
- Middlegame by Seanan McGuire: I’ve been reading this for about three weeks now, and I need to finish it by tomorrow or my hold goes back to the library, so hopefully by the time you’re reading this, I’ll have finished it. I’m loving it so much.
- Parasite (again): I rewatched this with my brother and our friend Noah, neither of whom had seen it. It was fun seeing them react to it, and them going “this is such a good movie” to “wait what the fuck”. It was just as good the second time around.
- The Oscars: I watched the whole Oscars and actually really enjoyed it this year??? I was super happy with some of the wins and meh about some of the other ones. But I was so happy Parasite won so much.
- Book review: Conversations with Friends: 4 stars
- Mini reviews of some books I’ve loved recently: including Everything I Never Told You, Homegoing, and Red, White and Royal Blue
- Reviewing every book I read in 2019
Other bookish posts
Other news and highlights
- February was a great month tbh. It started with my friends and I having a potluck for the Super Bowl. Even though I don’t care a ton about football, it’s still always fun to watch the game. And Shakira and JLo were amazing.
- My friends and I had another game night, where we played games, drank, ate snacks, and went to a diner. It was a great and super chill and fun night.
- My friends and I went on a Galentines Day brunch, which was so great. We went to this local tea house and ate overprice eggs Benedict BUT got bottomless mimosas for $15. So it was worth it.
- Then I went home for reading week and went skiing twice. Both days had great weather and great snow and we couldn’t have asked for better conditions.
- My undergrad friends and I went for drinks one night and got overprice charcuterie and fondue (with no bottomless mimosas BUT half-price wine so). It was really great to see them and catch up.
- I also saw my two best friends in Calgary and catch up with each of them individually, which was so nice.
- Finally, I went out when I was back in Calgary for my friend’s birthday and had such a fun, great night.
In big news: I started a bookstagram!!! You can follow me here!
I also mentioned last wrap-up that school would be super busy, and it is. I have an overloaded semester and am taking all my required courses and trying to find a job/somewhere to do an internship for the summer. It’s super busy and stressful, so blogging is definitely the thing being paused. I currently don’t have any blog posts written or drafted except this one. But thank you for all your continued support 💕
How was your February? Let me know!!