Hi gals and pals, Happy New Year! Hope 2020 brings lots of love and happiness and success into your lives 💕
Today is my final wrap-up post from 2019! A little late, but better late than never!
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield: 2.5 stars
- Not That Bad by Roxanne Gay: 5 stars
- A Heart in a Body in the World by Deb Caletti: 5 stars
I managed to read two of my favourite books of the year this month, both on audiobook!
Christmas bookish posts
Other news and highlights
- I attended the Senate of Canada’s Speaker’s Christmas Party (long story) but knew zero (0) people there and got lost on the way, so I went for literally ten minutes to shake hands with the Speaker and get some cheese.
- I am officially halfway done law school, which is very exciting! My friends and I had a celebration/drinking night before I flew back home, which was a great time.
- I went skiing with my siblings and family friends and had one of the best ski days in a while.
- It was Christmas!!!! which is always one of my favourite times of the year. My best friend came over for dinner and we played Scattegories, during which my brother and I both put “hippocampus” as a part of the body, “Helena” as a name, and “cry” as an activity, thwarting a perfect score each time.
- My family and I played Taboo with my brother’s friend for three hours one night, which had some great highlights.
- As usual, my family and friends had a great New Years Eve. We had fondue of all sorts and drank lots of Prosecco and played Taboo AGAIN which is just as much fun, if not more chaotic, while drunk.
How was your December? Let me know!!