Hello friends and fellow book lovers! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season.
Today I am doing my Christmas book haul. I was fortunate enough to receive a lot of books this Christmas (as well as give a couple books I also wanted to read). I received all of the books on my wish list, so if you want to know the reasons why I want to read these books, you can read that post here!
Books I received
From my wish list
- This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice
- Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado
- Self-Portrait with Boy by Rachel Lyon
- Sabrina by Nick Drnaso
- The Water Cure by Sophie Mackintosh
- Asking For It by Louise O’Neill
Not from my wish list
- Where the Past Begins by Amy Tan: this is Amy Tan’s memoir, and it sounds super interesting.
- Beyond the Trees by Adam Shoalts: my family is a very outdoorsy family, and my brother has read and loved Shoalts’ other books. I’m super excited to read it and about Shoalts’ travels.
- Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead: my brother got this for me because he said it “sounded like an Ally book” and it was very nearly on my wish list, so clearly he knows me well.
Books I gave but will still be reading
- Rough Magic by Lara Prior-Palmer
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
I got both of these for my mom because they sounded like books she would enjoy but were also books I wanted to read.
I was also able to make a lovely rainbow of books with a bunch of the books we received! We didn’t have any green, though.
So that’s my Christmas haul! Thank you very much to my parents and siblings for all the books. I am very lucky and grateful that I am able to receive so many books for Christmas 💕
What books did you get for Christmas? Have you read any of these? Let me know!