October has now ended which is scary because I’ve been putting off so many things until November and now I have to do them.
- The Girls at 17 Swann Street by Yara Zgheib: 4 stars
- A Mind Spread Out on the Ground by Alicia Elliott: 5 (million) stars
- The Rest Of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness: 4 stars
- Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston: 5 stars
- Sadie by Courtney Summers: 4 stars
- The Uninvited by Liz Jensen: 3 stars
I didn’t realise I’d read this much this month, I’m so happy! And I thoroughly enjoyed them all.
- Book review: The Most Dangerous Place on Earth
- Series review: The Raven Cycle
- Book review: Columbine
- Recommending some of the books I’ve read recently
- Recommendations based on your bookish buzzwords pt. 1
- Books I rated somewhat lower but still recommend
Other bookish posts
Goodreads Bookshelf Tour series
I bought A Mind Spread Out on the Ground by Alicia Elliott for a school book club and The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline because it was 30% off and I really want to read it soon.
Other news and highlights
- I voted in the election, which counts as a highlight in my books.
- We had a birthday party for one of my friends from last year who I hadn’t seen in a while. My friend and I had lunch beforehand and caught up, then went to the party where the birthday girl got very drunk very quickly. It was a lot of fun, if a bit of a mess.
- Another friend and I met for dessert and drinks to catch up and had a great time.
- I bitched at my landlady several times because she (1) was not replacing the lights on our stairs and (2) blamed us for our oven catching on fire, so I subtly reminded her that the three of us are law students, know our rights, and will report her to bylaw services if they didn’t get fixed. Miraculously, our lights were fixed three days later.
- I went home for reading break and did a lot of great things! I got to ride my sister’s new horse, met my friend for coffee, saw one of my friends I hadn’t seen in literal years, and go out with a bunch of my friends for my friend’s birthday. It was overall a great week.
- For Halloween, my friends and I went to an Abba/Queen night at a local bar and it was so much fun!!!! It was all my favourite music and my favourite people!
How was your October? Let me know!!