It’s the end of September, which is crazy! September was a really long month and it genuinely feels like October is ending to me.
- The Dinner by Herman Koch: 3.5 stars
- Social Creature by Tara Isabella Burton: 4 stars
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater: 4.5 stars
- Diva by Jillian Larkin: 2 stars
Other bookish posts
The Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt Tag // Some books that need to be published ASAP as possible // Books with the fewest ratings on my to-read list // Magical realism: when does it work and when does it not? // Some recent favourite book covers // Ranking all my three-star reads // Adaptations I’ve watched but haven’t read and have no intention of reading
Goodreads Bookshelf Tour series
I bought Vita Nostra by Marina Dyachenko because it was on sale on Kindle for $1.99!
Other news and highlights
- Before I left for school, we celebrated my friend’s birthday by doing mini golf and tacos and then going to this arcade/bar. It was a lot of fun and I forgot how much fun mini golf was.
- I’m back at school, so I got to see all my friends and catch up! We had a couple card/drinking nights and it was good to see everyone again.
- I had a bunch of job interviews, which was stressful but also good. I got free dinner two nights in a row at fancy Toronto restaurants, so I can only complain so much.
- I went to a house party with my roommates, which was fun! I only really knew my roommates and two of our friends, but it was still a lot of fun.
- My boyfriend and I went on a date to a pub and got ice cream because it was almost 30 degrees C one weekend. We hadn’t been on a date date in a while, so it was good!
- My friend got a puppy!!!!! She’s so cute!!! She’s a little cotton ball and only weighs two pounds!
- I started a really cool internship that I’m super excited about! I get to do cool research and go to cool talks and I’m so excited about it.
- My friends Rachel and Rick and I started a Twitter account called Bad Goodreads to make fun of the Goodreads search function. Go check it out! It was genuinely one of the highlights of my month.
How was your September? Let me know!!