July has ended and we are officially halfway through the year (I think, I’m bad at math). In July, I did both nothing and a lot but I mainly just cried.
- The Lonely Hearts Hotel by Heather O’Neil: 4 stars
- The Book of Essie by Meghan MacLean Weir: 4 stars
- The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbøl and Anete Friis: 3 stars
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee: 2.5 stars
- The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, Book 2) by Maggie Stiefvater: 4.5 stars
- Book review: The Secret History: 4 stars
- Book review: The Seven (and 1/2) Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle: 3.5 stars
Other bookish posts
My best friend chooses my next reads // Books with tropes I dislike that I still enjoy // Tips on making a TBR if you’re a mood reader and also don’t like when people tell you what to do (like me) // Graphic novels on my TBR
How to series
- How to: get that ~*~aesthetic~*~
- How to: manage your time (better)
- How to: get ideas for blog posts (+ blog post ideas!)
I discovered OverDrive and my life is changed! I’ve just been downloading ebooks and then not reading them, but it’s okay because they’re from the library and free! So, I didn’t buy any books.
Update: that’s a lie, I bought three books on Kindle. I bought Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney, The Most Dangerous Place on Earth by Lindsey Lee Johnson, and Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. I haven’t started any of them yet, but I’m excited to!
Other news and highlights
- My family went to Montana for the first time and unfortunately did not see Hannah Montana but we did have a lot of fun! We went to a high ropes course, went white water rafting, and saw the new Men in Black movie.
- Highlight of this highlight: on the high ropes course, we ended up being behind the same couple the whole time. At one point, the woman was encouraging her husband to do the last part of the course and she yelled, “Kurt, you married a woman with three children, you aren’t scared of anything!” It was adorable and hilarious.
- I went on another business trip, which was actually a lot of fun. My boss got me an office in the courthouse to work in and gave me a guest pass, so that was cool.
- My brother and I went rock climbing at this new fancy gym in Calgary, and it was a lot of fun.
- My friend and I went hiking in the rain and had a great time! We ate cheese buns and hot chocolate and got soaked, but it was fun!
- I had a cute little date night with my parents where we went for sushi, saw Rocket Man, and went for ice cream. 10/10 night, would recommend.
- I discovered picrew.me and have done nothing ever since then. My life has turned into BP (before picrew.me) and AP (after picrew.me). I am drowning in avatars and cannot stop. My best friend and I have made each other 500 times. Someone save us.
But anyway here’s us as Crowley and Aziraphale because we’re so cute!
How was your July? Let me know!!