Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Today I’m doing a check-up on my 2019 goals. This is mainly to keep myself accountable and so I can remember what my goals were, see how I’ve been doing, and make any changes as necessary.
✅ = on track
❓ = idk how to evaluate my progress on this
❌ = did not or has not happened
- Read 25 books ✅: I have read 14 books so far this year, so I’m right on track!
- Read a book per month ✅: I’ve read at least one book per month every month except March, so I’d say this is a success so far! March was really busy with school and life, so I’m not upset about this.
- Read at least two non-fiction books ✅: so far I’ve read one non-fiction book, so I’m on track for this one too.
- Read 10 backlist books ✅: of the 14 books I’ve read this year, 12 were on my TBR prior to 2019, and of those, 4 were on my TBR prior to 2018. So I’d definitely call this a success.
- Post at least four times a week ✅: I think I’ve done this every week this year! I just checked, and there were a couple weeks where I posted three times the first week and five or six times the second week, so I’m still counting that.
- Reach 1,000 followers ✅: I did! Thank you all so much 💖💖💖 I’m currently at just over 1,100, which is insane to me.
- Be more active in the community ❓: I don’t really know how to judge this, but I think this one has been pretty meh. I wasn’t super active during school, and I’ve only been partially active during work. So I’ll count this a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Post at least two reviews per month ✅: I’ve done this! Whoop whoop.
- Get at least a B+ in Contracts ❌: so this didn’t happen, but I did get a B so I’m still happy with that. Law school has definitely been a learning curve in terms of grades, but I was happy with how the year turned out nonetheless.
- Get a summer job ✅: I did, and it’s been great!!! Now I have to start thinking about next year.
- See my friends every month ✅: I’m pretty sure I was successful at this! I’ve seen my friends every month, and have made an effort to talk to the friends I’m not seeing.
- Exercise more ❓: this is the goal that has definitely failed the most.
- Use the seven minute app at least three times a week ❓: soooo yeah. I tended to use this more like three times a month. But I’ve been getting better? I used it fairly consistently, even if it wasn’t three times a week.
- Go to the gym twice a month ❌: yeah I haven’t been to the gym once. Soz.
- Climb once a week (in the summer) ✅: I’ve managed to do this one! I think I’ve only missed one week, and it was while I was away.
- Spend less time on social media ❌: so I don’t think I’ve been successful at this, and had honestly forgot I put it as a goal.
So that’s been my progress on my 2019 goals. I don’t think I’m going to make new ones except to continue and improve on these ones, particularly exercise and social media. But overall, I’m fairly happy with how this year has been, goal-wise!
Thanks for reading! Do you have any goals for 2019? How have they been going? Any tips for me? Let me know!