Happy Tuesday, y’all! Today I’m doing a fun tag, involving books and music. I was tagged by Daniel, who also created this tag, and I had a lot of fun doing it! Thanks for the tag, Daniel. If y’all don’t know his blog by now, you really should.
- Thank and link back to tagger.
- Credit to Daniel @ Page to Page
- Listen to tagger’s song requests! After you’re done listening to the three songs the person who tagged you has chosen, choose a book that you think best goes along with that song and tell us why you chose it!
- Request 3 songs of your own! Give any three songs (and your corresponding book choices that think go well with said song) you want for your taggers to listen and respond to!
- Tag 5 people!
1. “Falling Apart” by Broods
I had never heard this song or this band, but I really enjoyed it! For the corresponding book, I’m going to go with The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I feel like Charlie thinks everything is falling apart, and I also feel like he’d like this song.
2. “Not What I Meant” by dodie
I really enjoy Dodie as a person and think she’s super talented, but I’ve never been a fan of the ukulele bitch genre of music. That being said, I really enjoyed this one (also the cover art is gorgeous). I think for this one I’m going to go with Looking for Alaska by John Green. I feel like a major theme of this book is trying to be “cool” or accepted while remaining true to yourself, which is similar to the vibe I get from this song.