May is over and once again I am amazed at the ending of the month!
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne: 3 stars
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: 5
- A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard: 4 stars
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith: 4 stars
- Slide by Jill Hathaway: 3 stars
- Book review: Every Heart a Doorway
- Book review: The Heart’s Invisible Furies
- Mini review: Pinball, 1973
Other bookish posts
Books with less than 10,000 ratings on my Goodreads TBR // Discussion: the types of book reviewers (my best post ever!!! thank you all so much for all the love, shares, and comments! 💖💖) // Ten Bookish Confessions // “Unputdownable” Reads // Updated Top TBR // Favourite titles of books on my TBR
I went to a used book sale with some of my friends and bought A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard and Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan. I also bought Slide by Jill Hathaway on my Kindle!
Other news and highlights
- I started work and it’s been great so far! I have a little downtown office and work in an office of all women, and it’s been great.
- My mom did a lecture at the university she works at, and (as expected) she was amazing 💖💖 you can watch it here if you’re interested in mental health imaging research!
- One of my friends is doing an internship at the Smithsonian this summer (!!) so we had a birthday/going-away party for her at an arcade, and it was a lot of fun!
- My family and I went to Revelstoke for the long weekend because it was sunny, and it was a lot of fun.
- My brother and I have been rock climbing a lot lately, and it’s been great! It’s fun to be able to see myself actually get better at something.
- One of my other friends is going to Kenya for six months, so we had a going-away get together for her. Some dentists asked us the order we put water/toothpaste on our toothbrushes (I go toothpaste then water, my friends do water then toothpaste), and it started a discussion on how much brushing your teeth sucks.
- I made new blog headers
(again)because I got bored with the old ones, and I like them a lot! But now I’m getting bored with the colour so don’t be surprised if it changes at some point lmao
How was your May? Let me know!!