Happy Saturday, everyone! I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend and have great weekend plans. Today I’m back with another award post! I took a bit of time off from these because I thought I was doing too many. But I’m back!
Today, we have the Sunshine Blogger Award, courtesy of the always lovely Eline @ Aqua Pages. Eline, thank you so much for the nomination and I’m sorry this took me about 900 years to get to. Everyone go check out her blog if you haven’t already!
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions your nominator has provided
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer
- List the rules and display the award
Which fictional character would you like most to be real?
Oooh this is such a great question! I think Sirius Black because I’ve always liked him and want him to like me?
Where would you go and what would you do if you had an endless budget for a vacation?
My top travel destinations are Venice, Japan, and Nepal. So I would do a tour of those, somehow.
What do you honestly like most about blogging?
Interacting with everyone. Honestly, I’ve just been feeling a lot of gratitude towards the book community recently. It’s been one of the shining lights in my life for a while now, and I’m so glad to be part of such a great, supportive community.
Which book was disappointing recently and why?
Recently, I think The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne. I was just disappointed in how he portrayed women. It would’ve been a near-perfect book for me had that been cleared up.
If you were magically given the choice of one thing you would succeed at, no matter what, what would you choose?
Eline, this is such a good question. I would like the ability to write papers really well. I think I’m a fairly good writer, tbh. My grammar is spot-on, and first drafts of most of my papers are still better than some people’s finished drafts. But I have a hard time making the content and ideas good, if that makes sense. I’m honestly not a very smart or original person, so if I could have the ability to come up with smart academic things, that would be great.
When do you stop and DNF a book? Do you give it a set number of pages or just based on feeling?
Honestly just based on feeling. If I’m not enjoying a book and don’t care how it ends, I’ll just stop. I do try to get at least 1/3 in, because some books can be slow to start and a lot of my favourite books haven’t gotten great until that point.
What’s a genre or type of book you want to read more of?
Hmmmmm honestly I think I want to get more into fantasy and mysteries. They’re both genres that I really enjoy and rarely reach for, but I want to start making an effort to read more of them.
What’s your top three favourite books of the last year?
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
Do you write?
For school and work, yes. But I don’t write for pleasure a ton, other than my blog posts. I’m honestly not super original, and I’m not great at world-building or characterization or dialogue. So fiction probably isn’t my thing.
What’s one book you love to recommend to people?
I’m always recommending Celeste Ng’s books to people. I just loved both of them a ton, and want everyone to read them.
What’s a book cover you would frame and hang on your wall?
So many! But mainly The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker, Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng, and 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. They’re just all so pretty!!!
- If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would it be and why?
- If you could read a book for the first time again, which book would it be?
- Are there any books you wish you didn’t read?
- What’s your dream job?
- What was your favourite book you had to read for school?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s been your favourite book of 2019 so far?
- Who was your favourite childhood author?
- What’s your phone background?
- If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
- What fictional character do you aspire to be like, and why?
As always, no pressure!
Thank you again, Eline, for the nomination! And thank you to everyone for all the continued love and support! 💖💖