I still can’t get over the fact that it is now MAY. WTF.
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt: 4 stars
- The 7 and 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton: 3 stars
- The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney: 3 stars
Other bookish posts
Most original book covers (jk) // The lowest-rated books on my Goodreads // My favourite spam comments // Deciding the fate of overused tropes in fantasy // Discussion: cancel culture and the book community // Physical TBR update: 2019
I bought The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney on my Kindle!
Other news and highlights
- One of my prof’s had us over to her house for our last class, and it was so great. We met her husband, ate food, talked about public law. An all-around great time.
- idk if y’all follow hockey or the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but it’s been a weird playoff series. Essentially, if you made a bracket, you’re fucked because no one who was predicted to move on actually moved on. Here are my highlights:
- My three favourite teams (the Leafs, the Flames, and the Stars) made it into the first round (YAY)
- The first place team (TB Lightning), who literally had a record-breaking year, were swept by a wild-card team. As a fan of the Calgary Flames, TB is my sworn enemy (#itwasin) so this was entertaining, and also,,,,,, shocking?
- Unfortunately, both the Leafs and the Flames didn’t make it to the second round.
- BUT my babies on the Dallas Stars made it to the second round!!!
- On our last day of exams, a bunch of us went out for dinner and karaoke and it was a lot of fun!!
- I went for brunch with my roommates and one of my friends, which was good.
- I finally wrote a discussion on cancel culture in the bookish community, and it got so many great comments. Thank you all so much for your support! ❤
- I finally saw Into the Spiderverse and it was so good!!!!
How was your April? Let me know!!