I feel like the first month of the year just flew by! But 2019 has been pretty good so far, so hopefully we keep up this energy for the rest of the year!
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman: 4 stars
- Women Talking by Mirian Toews: 3 stars
- Dreams of Joy by Lisa See: 4.5 stars
- Broken Things by Lauren Oliver: 4 stars
2018 wrap-up posts
I bought Broken Things by Lauren Oliver and Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand on my kindle!
From around the internet
The Marie Kondo Books Debate Has Classist & Racist Undertones That Can’t Be Ignored: from Bustle. I really enjoyed this article. The whole discussion about KonMari-ing your books was, IMO, ridiculous. But this article explains some of my thoughts really well.
Other news and highlights
- New Years Eve was a lot of fun! My family, my brother’s friends, and my sister’s friend all did an Escape Room, and the girls beat the boys and were fast enough to get on the leaderboard!
- We went skiing a couple of more times and stayed at a super fancy hotel, and had a lot of fun.
- My small group from school (kind of like our homeroom but for law school) went out for drinks one night, and it was a lot of fun!
- I didn’t fail contracts!!!!!!!! I actually did fairly well!!
- In class, we learned how to do negotiations and mediations, and it was a lot of fun.
- I went to Toronto with my family, and it was great! We did (another) Escape Room (in a castle!) and went to the science centre and just enjoyed Toronto (and of course the one time I’m in the city, the leafs aren’t 😒 )
How was your January? Let me know!!