Today I thought I’d go over my 2019 goals. This is mainly to keep myself accountable and so I can remember what my goals were. I also more think of them as guidelines rather than goals.
- Read 25 books: I think this is totally doable! I did 28 in 2018, so 25 should be good!
- Read a book per month: this is kind of hard to do during school, but I’m going to make an effort to read a book every month.
- Read at least two non-fiction books: I really enjoy non-fiction, and I think two is a good number for me!
- Read 10 backlist books: I have so many books I own that I want to read, and so many that have been on my TBR for ages. So I want about half of the books to be on my TBR.
- Post at least four times a week: I managed to do this for the most part this past year, and I think four is a good number for me!
- Reach 1,000 followers: pretty self-explanatory.
- Be more active in the community: I was pretty good about this in the first half of last year, and got a little behind when school started up again. So I’m going to try and set aside half an hour or something per day for blog-hopping.
- Post at least two reviews per month: this was another one from 2018 that I really enjoyed, so I’m going to try again!
- Get at least a B+ in Contracts: for those of you who don’t know, I’m in law school. Contracts is by far my least favourite and worst course, but I still want to do well.
- Get a summer job: ahhhhhhhh
- See my friends every month: I have a bad habit of never doing anything with anyone and only seeing my friends at school, so I want to make an effort to do something with them at least once a month.
- Exercise more: this one has several specific sub-goals, but the overall goal is to just do more exercise.
- Use the seven minute app at least three times a week: self-explanatory.
- Go to the gym twice a month: okay I know this is not much, but I literally never go to the gym. So twice a month would be way more than I do now.
- Climb once a week (in the summer): I love rock-climbing but always forget to do it, so I’m going to try to do it every week in the summer with my brother!
- Spend less time on social media: okay this one is hard because (a) social media is such a great way to kill time; (b) I get most of my news from Facebook/Twitter; and (c) I find social media fascinating. BUT I want to reduce the amount of time I spend mindlessly scrolling through different platforms.
Okay so those are my goals for 2019! Please help me keep on top of things and hold me accountable!!!
What are your 2019 goals?? Let me know!