Last year, I set some goals for this year. I did a check up at some point in the summer, which you can read here and where I put some updated goals. So today I thought I’d go through and see how I did achieving those goals.
Read 20 new booksRead 30 books: I was so close!! I managed to finish 28 books in 2018, which I’m super happy about!
- Read 2 non-fiction books: done!! I read five non-fiction books!
- Read more books from my TBR: I think I did a pretty good job at this. Of the ones I read, I bought eight and the rest I had prior to 2018. So pretty good I think!
- Read more diverse books: I read twelve books by POC, so almost half! I would also count at least 13 of them as “diverse”, meaning they weren’t all straight/white characters. So I can definitely do better, but I also think that’s not bad.
- Post at least two reviews a month: I did this for almost every month, and the month I didn’t do it was because I had other exciting posts. so success!
Get to 400 followersReach 800 followers: I did!! Thank you all so much! ❤
- Get more into book photography: well, I didn’t start a bookstagram, but I did take more book pictures? So we’ll count this as a maybe?
General life goals
- Go for one run per week: major failure, which I expected tbh. But what can I say.
- Get an A on my thesis: I did!!!!!!!!!
- Read more opinion pieces: also a success!! I’ve been reading a ton of news articles and op-eds and general articles and such.
- Publish an article as the first author: I did!!! 😭😭😭
- Go on a road trip with friends: this did not happen. Sigh.
- Finish undergrad: I??? graduated undergrad??? I have letters after my name???
- Get coffee with friends at least once a month: I don’t really know how to say whether this was successful or not. I did something with friends every month, which I’d count as a success.
- See my friends whenever I’m in town: so I’ve only been back in town once (while I’m writing this) and I’ve seen my best friend and have plans to see my other friends.
- Get along with my roommates: success!! They’re honestly so great, I’m so happy.
So overall, I’d say I was pretty successful. Thank you everyone for your support throughout the year ❤