Merry (belated) Christmas, and happy holidays, everyone! I hope everyone had a lovely and relaxing holiday.
Sorry for disappearing for a few days. I finished finals and got home for the holidays, and just wanted to chill and read for a few days. This is the first time I’ve used my laptop since my last final, and the first time I’ve sat down to write a blog post in a while.
Today, I thought I’d share my Christmas haul with everyone. Just as a disclaimer: this is in no way to brag or show off how many books I got. I’m very very lucky that my family is in a financial position that we can have and get so many books. I also don’t tend to buy many books throughout the year, and Christmas is where I get 90% of my physical books.
I was gifted, from my parents and my brother:
- Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave: this is a historical fiction about WW2, and I’m really excited to read it.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor: I loved Strange the Dreamer and I’ve been looking forward to reading Muse of Nightmares since it came out!!
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton: I’ve heard a ton of good things about this book, and I’m so excited to read it.
- The Clockmaker’s Daughter by Kate Morton: I know nothing about this book, but it sounds super interesting!
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire: I’ve already read this one, and it was so good! A solid 4 stars.
- The Tattooist of Aushwitz by Meather Morris: I wasn’t planning on reading this, but my brother got it for me so now it’s on my TBR!
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: YAY I can finally read it!!!
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith: I’ve heard a ton of good things, and people have said it’s a lot like the Glass Castle, which is one of my favourite books.
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne: I’ve heard nothing but good things about this book, and I’m excited to finally read it.
- Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier: ditto!!
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng: ditto again!
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman: I just love Neil Gaiman, and this book is so pretty.
And my family also received (and I’ll definitely be stealing)
- Dopesick by Beth Macy
- Hum if You Don’t Know the Words by Bianca Marais
- Swing Time by Zadie Smith
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
So there are the books I got for Christmas! Definitely expect an updated physical TBR post soon!
Thanks for reading! xx