Physical book wish list

AKA an early Christmas wish list.

I was going through my Goodreads recently and thinking of the books I want to have physical copies of, and the books I want to read soon. So I thought I’d go through my physical wish list, which will also probably turn into my Christmas wish list.


The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

The cover for this is so pretty, and I love Neil Gaiman. I just know that I’ll love this book and would like to have a physical copy of it.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

So I’ve started a mini collection of classics (which means I bought three on sale from Chapters) and just feel like this is one that I would love. I’ve heard so many good things about it.

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

Rebecca is one of my top TBR books, and it would also go into my mini collection of classics. I just feel like with atmospheric books, it’s better to read the physical version, you know?

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

I have Little Fires Everywhere, which I adore, and I feel like I need her debut to read. I don’t love the cover of this one as much as LFE, but I would still like a physical copy.

Bygone Badass Broads: 52 Forgotten Women Who Changed the World by Mackenzi Lee

I might get this one for my sister for Christmas (always trying to influence her with my feminism), but I feel like it’s a book that deserves to be read in physical form.

The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne

I’ve just heard so many good things about this book, and the cover is so pretty and understated, and I honestly just think it would go with my aesthetic.

Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire

This is another one that is just so pretty, and that I also know I’ll keep forgetting unless I have a physical copy in my hands.

Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor

I have Strange the Dreamer in hardback, so I feel like I need to keep the series going.

The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker

I’m going to be completely honest and say this is 99% because of the cover. It’s so gorgeous, and I’m obsessed with it. I’ve heard it’s super feminist too and everyone seems to love it, which is the other 1% of why I want a physical copy.

Sadie by Courtney Summers

I’ve heard so many good things about this book that I need to read it! This one is not so much of a want, but more just one that would be nice to have a physical copy of, you know?


So, those are the books I want to own physical copies of! Which ones should I prioritize? If I get them, which should I read first?? Which books do you want physical copies of? Let me know!

Ally xx

14 thoughts on “Physical book wish list

  1. I highly recommend Sadie! I enjoyed it quite a bit.

    I love Every Heart a Doorway’s cover. So gorgeous! Still haven’t actually read it yet though lol. I feel like I won’t be able to get to it this year to be honest.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s