I was going through my Goodreads TBR to try and decide which books to bring on holiday, and thought it would be fun to go through my 2018 TBR and see how I’m doing. Spoiler alert: it wasn’t fun, and I’m failing.
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng: 5 stars
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi: 5 stars
- The Power by Naomi Alderman: 4 stars
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman: added to vacation TBR
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: added to vacation TBR
- The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson: added to vacation TBR
- The Book of Negros by Lawrence Hill
- Columbine by Dave Cullen
- Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- The Shoe on the Roof by Will Ferguson: I really only added this one because I wanted to read a local author and we have a signed copy, but I’m not sure about it
- Artemis by Andy Weir: I still want to read this and we have a physical copy, but I think I’m going to deprioritize it
So I’ve managed to read THREE books that I planned on reading. However, I’ve been reading a ton of books that I really loved (I’ve had a great year) so no regrets. I’m also going on vacation soon (wooooo) and am hoping to read some of these on that vacation.
I also added a lot of these because I was trying to do a bunch of reading challenges. I’ve decided that this doesn’t work for me because I’m such a mood reader, so I’ve decided to drop them. Knowing me, I’ll immediately start to read these books.
Have you read any of these? Which should I read first? Let me know!!
Thanks for reading! xx