Happy Tuesday everyone!!
Learn more about Top Ten Tuesday here! This week is books that take place in another country. I live in Canada, so most books I’ve read take place in another country tbh. So I tried not to choose the US or UK for most of these books.
- The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke: Venice
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden: Japan
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Paris
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Nigeria and the US
- Stolen by Lucy Christopher: Australia
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi: Iran
- Nothing by Janne Teller: Denmark
- Angels and Demons by Dan Brown: Vatican City
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: Afghanistan and the US
- Gillespie and I by Jane Harris: Scotland
The setting for most of these books is significant to the plot or story (except for maybe Nothing and Gillespie and I) and I highly recommend all of them!
Have you read any of these? What are your thoughts?
Thanks for reading! Ally xx