Hi everyone! It’s been a while since I did an award post, so I thought today would be a good day for one! But first, I have a bit of a mini update/announcement (?)
One of my classes this semester is a grad-style seminar course regarding global health. One of the components is a portfolio where we document our reflections and how we’ve achieved out personal learning objectives over the semester.
So, because I love blogging, I’ve started a blog as my portfolio! It’s aptly titled Ally Discovers Global Health and you can find it here! I will mainly be reflecting on the readings a seminars we do in the course, but I’m also hoping to bring in some of my book blogging. One of my goals this year is to read more non-fiction, so I figured I would try to read a couple of non-fiction books relating to global health.
If any of that interests you, go give it a follow! I also have a Twitter for it (as that’s 10% of our grade), which you can follow here!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them of the nomination
- I have a really good long-term memory and memory for really specific things, especially about people. It really weirds people out sometimes. Like once, when I first met my now-best friend, I was like “oh yeah and you were born in Toronto right?” and she was like “okay but literally when did I tell you that”
- My short-term memory, on the other hand, is shit. Like, I’ve literally forgotten what I’m talking about while I’m talking about it
- I’m super into beauty and fashion and things like that, and I hate the dichotomy between “beauty and brains” because like it doesn’t have to be??
- I’m really into photography and I love it!! You can visit my photography tumblr here if you’re interested!
- When I was younger, I wanted to be an architect when I grew up, and one of our family friends’ brother-in-law is one of the biggest architects in Canada and I got to meet him! He designed the war museum in Ottawa, and he brought me the blueprints and original designs and things and was so nice and lovely. It was so cool!!!
- I’ve always been fascinated by Japan and Chinese cultures and I don’t really know why. When I was younger, I read a TON of books set during ancient Japan and China and I think it just stuck with me
- I bake chocolate-chip cookies at least once a week. We’ve started keeping dough balls in our freezer for when we want cookies and 10/10 would recommend
- Rebecca @ My Life as a Sports Fan Girl
- Nicole @ Book Wyrm Knits
- Dani @ Dani’s Bookshelf
- Lucy @ Lucy and a Cup Full of Tea
- Lois @ Lois Reads Books
- Joe @ Storeys of Stories
- Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall (which is such a great blog name)
- Kiersten @ Once Upon a Spine
Thank you again to Hanna and Satou for the nominations, and thank you all for reading and all your constant support!