Learn more about Top Ten Tuesday here! This week is “Back To School Freebie: anything “back to school” related like 10 favourite books I read in school, books I think should be required reading, Required Reading For All Fantasy Fans, required reading for every college freshman, Books to Pair With Classics or Books To Complement A History Lesson, books that would be on my classroom shelf if I were a teacher, etc.“.
I did books written by women that should be taught in high school. One of my biggest grievances with almost all the reading lists I’ve ever had for school was they were primarily male-written works. These are books that I feel like cover a wide variety of topics, from race to feminism to life.
- the Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- the Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
- the Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- the Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- a Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
- We Should All be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- the Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- the Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- the Help by Kathryn Stockett
Thanks for reading!! xx