These are my favourite ever chocolate chip cookies. I’ve had this basic recipe for like 20 years (because I’m old af) and have just updated it throughout the years.
- 1 cup of butter (or margarine, which is what I use 99% of the time)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (sometime’s I’ll halve the white sugar, it really just depends on your preferences)
- 1 tsp double strength vanilla
- 1 tsp regular vanilla (I’m really high maintenance, but trust me double strength vanilla will change your life)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 cups of flour (definitely more than 2, maybe not as much as 3)
- chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet and also sometimes add dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter/margarine, sugars, and vanilla until creamed.
- Add eggs and stir.
- Combine flour and baking powder and soda. Stir and add your chocolate chips.
- Place cookies in large-ish balls (2-3 tbsp of batter, but I just guess-timate)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
I also highly highly suggest rolling some of the dough into balls and freezing them. Then, when you want cookies, just bake them for 12-15 minutes at 350. They turn out so good!
I hope you like these as much as I do 🙂 let me know if you try them! xx